Uglies

Hey I deleted the original so have the first chapter of the Uglies AU. It could pretty much be seen as a completed one shot at the point it was ended, but could also be expanded upon if I wanted to.

And my writing partner for that story is gone so nah I don't. Here you go.

Jack didn't know that there would be so many wardens. He didn't know that going into New Pretty Town to see Ken was going to be seen as such a bad thing. Of course, no ugly ever did something like this, leave Uglyville.

He was still sore from parachuting out of Garbo Mansion, but he moved through the brush silently to not be caught by the warden. Close to the river, Jack heard a noise in front of him.

A lone figure, dark and outlined in river lights. Fuck, it had to be a warden waiting for him, in the brush. His breathing suddenly hitched. He could hardly move, afraid of being caught. His one muddy hand that rested on the ground was sinking into the mud... If he waited long enough, maybe the warden would just go away.

Jack waited motionlessly for what felt like forever, but the figure WOULDN'T. MOVE. His arms started to shake, muscles complaining about not moving for so long. He didn't dare put his other arm down in fear of being caught. Any noise would give him away...

He helped himself till until all his muscles were screaming. Maybe the warden wasn't even there, maybe he was just tripping. He blinked a few times trying to make the figure disappear, but it was STILL THERE. A twig popped under his knee, his muscles had betrayed him.

But the figure didn't move, he or she must have heard that... The warden was probably being kind, waiting for him to give himself up. It couldn't get any worse... "I'm sorry." He said meekly.

Mark was just at the edge of New pretty town. Well not specifically at the edge but in a bush in it. He was looking taking notes at the new pretties. Something was just a bit off to Mark about the new pretties. Mark couldn't put his finger on it. Ever since his good friend Bob and Felix had been changed into new pretties, Mark had to come once a week to look at them, and study their new personalities. Bob used to be a laid-back, very intelligent person, but now ad Mark was taking notes, he found bob to be reckless as ever.

Something was not right.

That's why Mark was near the river in all black tonight. He was just observing his new pretty friend, Felix tonight. He had stashed his hover board somewhere else, in a bush, and was near the river. It was a reckless move, but Mark was hungry for more information.

In the middle of his studying, Mark felt another presence near him. Mark froze. He stopped cold, figuring out what to do next. Apparently the other person, or warden froze too. Mark almost shuddered at the thought.

Crack! A stick broke. Mark immediately took action, turning his crash bracelet to call the hover board to him. He dashed into the bushes, as a group of wardens started to come towards them.

"I'm sorry..." He heard a voice say. Mark then registered that there was a guy there too. Mark grabbed his backpack, and reached inside, finding a metal disk. He threw it west, into the wind, so it tired north into new pretty town, gaining the wardens attention. His hover board arrived. As soon as the wardens were out of sight, Mark popped up, and grabbed the man's hoodie, surprised at the leanness of the man. He jumped on the board with Mark, and Mark full boosted it to the forest.

"What were you doing there!? IT'S DANGEROUS." He whisper-yelled to the man, about his age

It was an UGLY. Jack reeled at the thought. This was another Ugly, not a Warden. That was good, he hadn't been caught... But the Ugly in front of him... For some reason, Jack didn't find him... Ugly.