It's Alright, I'm Here

Mark awoke to the sounds of sobbing.

He sat up and furrowed his eyebrows. What was that? He looked to where Jack was... It was Jack. He was turned away from Mark, shaking.

Mark went forward, resting his hand on the other's shoulder. Jack jerked, looking up at Mark with wide eyes. "... Mark?"

"It's alright, I'm here." He spoke softly, before Jack suddenly turned and hugged him tightly. Mark wrapped his arms around the smaller man, humming softly as he ran his fingers up and down Jack's back.

"Shh... It's ok... What's wrong?" Mark asked gently, as Jack cried into his chest.

"I-I thought they killed you..." Mark stiffened when he heard Jack's quiet voice, looking down at him.

He started tracing shapes on the other's back. "Shh... I'm here... I won't be leaving you, no one's going to kill me. I'll be here for you."

Jack looked up at Mark with bright, tear filled blue eyes. "... Thank you." They stayed hugging for awhile, Mark just running his fingers through Jack's hair, along his back, humming The Space Pirates Emerge...

"Come on, you know what we have the fridge?" Mark asked sweetly, and the Irishman looked up at him.

"What?"

"Red fondant, and white fondant, and you know what else?"

Jack, realizing it, rolled his eyes. "It's the 4th of July righ'?"

"Blue fondant!"

Jack looked to the ceiling and nodded. "Ye. I expected that. Bu' it's fondant, so I can't complain!"

Mark chuckled and picked Jack up, carrying him to the kitchen. He set the other down on the counter, and rummaged through the fridge.

"... I love Ya, Mark."

Mark looked up, giving a gentle smile. He sat next to Jack, opening the bag of fondant and handing it to him.

He wrapped his arms around Jack, pressed his lips to his ear, and whispered, "I love you to, Jack."