Scared Me

Jack had just been playing the horror game, getting really into it, so into it that he didn't hear or remotely acknowledge the outside world. So he didn't hear the person walking into the room behind him.

He was shaking slightly, and just as his character in the game died, scaring him, Mark rested a hand on his shoulder.

Jack screamed loudly, tears going down his cheeks as he spun to see Mark. "Mark!" Jack yelled angrily, shaking. The smile on Mark's face dropped.

"Jack? Why are you crying?! I really didn't mean to scare you that bad!" He cried worriedly, going forward and hugging the Irishman.

Jack shook in his arms, gripping Mark's shirt tightly. "It's ok Jack, I really didn't think it'd scare you do much... Do you want some ice cream?" Jack looked up at Mark's face and nodded softly.

Mark shushed him and picked the slightly taller man up, turning off the game and stopping the recording. He carried the man into the kitchen and put him on the couch.

Jack mumbled a thank you, blushing a little. He pulled his knees up and rested his face in his knees as Mark quickly grabbed 2 bowls of ice cream, bringing them into the living room with him. Mark settled onto his couch, happy that Jack was here in Oregon.

"You want to watch a movie?" He asked the oddly quiet man. Jack nodded slowly, taking a bite of his ice cream. Mark looked through the pile of movies he had on the coffee table. "What about a Disney movie? Princess and the Frog?"

Jack nodded in response, causing Mark to bite his lip. He put the cartoon on and sat next to Jack, pulling him close. "Say something, Jack..."

"... Thank you."