Little Bits Of Fire

Sequel to Called Me Lovely Names.

It was a little redundant to say Jack had never seen a firefly. The way Mark described them, they must have been little bits of fire floating in the air, but never setting anything aflame.

When Jack saw them, he attributed them to stars. "Beautiful, aren't they?" Mark asked softly, sitting on the blanket they had set on the ground. Jack reached a hand out at one of them.

He nodded, turning to look at Mark... Mark, who was looking up at them with a child like look of wonder. He was glowing in the light of hundreds of fireflies, and his eyes glowed honey...

"Not as beautiful as yer eyes."

"What?"

"Nothin'." Jack went back to looking at the fireflies, blushing a little in embarrassment. 'Shit, did I say that out loud...?'

Mark watched the Irishman, biting his lip. Jack was absolutely marvelous in the light, blue eyes shining so brightly that they may have rivaled the fireflies...

"Jack." Mark finally spoke. Jack turned to look at him. "Yeah?" He asked nervously, eyes darting a little as he REALLY didn't want to look into the other's eyes.

"We blew sink bubbles together, I call you honey and you call me darling. You said my eyes were more beautiful then the fireflies."

Jack blushed deeply, looking away. "Y-yeah..."

"Do you like me?"

Jack seized up, gritting his teeth. "I-I'm sorry...?"

"I... Jack, honey... I like you." Jack swallowed, looking to Mark in shock. "You like...?"

Mark turned to him, eyes set ablaze, and he nodded. "I've liked you ever since I saw your videos... Before we met..."

Jack felt tears well up in his eyes. This... This was magnificent! It was wonderful and joyous and-

Jack flew forward and hugged onto the half Korean, shaking a little. "Thank you... Yes. I like ya."

He looked up into Mark's honey eyes. Mark gaped at Jack, before swallowing. "Y-you like me back...?"

Jack sat up and kissed Mark. They stayed kissing for a few moments, before Jack pulled back, arms around Mark's neck.

Mark grinned at Jack softly. "So what does this mean...?"

"... I live in Ireland, Mark... Are you alright with a long distance relationship?"

"... As long as at some point, we move in together somewhere."

Jack grinned and nodded. A few moments later, he gave a little shriek and pulled away. A firefly sat on his nose, and he froze.

"Jack, it's just a firefly." Mark waved the bug away and kissed Jack's nose. "Better?"

"... Better."