[ 2.3 ] special. / author's

“Baby Sapphire!!!”

“Chae, you’ll wake Sana up and also the baby.”

Chaeyoung just pouted and whined like a baby as Nayeon pats her head after saying those.

Sana successfully gave birth to her daughter, named Chou Sapphire. She’s now resting on her hospital room when the nurses suddenly came inside while pushing a cradle where the baby has been laying down.

“Congratulations on this healthy baby girl. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you need some help,” one of the nurses said as they all came out of the room in a sudden, leaving the cradle beside Sana’s hospital bed.

Being the kids they are, Hansol and Chaeyoung grabbed their phones and took pictures of the sleeping baby. Suddenly, Nayeon joined them by also taking pictures of Baby Sapphire.

They were having a good time staring at the baby’s face when they heard Sana groan from her sleep. Nayeon immediately went beside her bed and stared at her worriedly.

After a few seconds of struggling, Sana finally opened her eyes and took a deep look at Nayeon who’s still staring at her.

“N-Nayeon unnie,” Sana called out, her voice cracking up at the moment, “Where’s my baby?” she asked as she moved her head from left to right in a panicked way.

Nayeon smiled as ahe excitedly walked to the cradle and carefully carried the baby girl in her arms while going back to Sana’s bed.

Sana’s face brightened up when she saw Nayeon carrying her baby. The small smile on Sana’s face got wider when Nayeon finally placed the baby beside her.

Sana held her baby close to her arms, carefully but not too tight. She caressed the baby’s tiny face with her thumb as she teared up. And after that, she leaned in and kissed Sapphire’s tiny forehead and smiled in happiness.

When the baby squirmed and was about to cry, Sana immediately hummed a song as she was still caressing the baby’s small face.

“Hey,” Sana whispered sweetly while giving her baby another kiss, “Don’t cry, my baby. Mommy’s here~” she added which made Nayeon swoon.

But then, Sapphire just started crying and Sana didn’t know what to do. And because of that. . . Nayeon carried Baby Sapphire again and placed her back on the cradle, as the baby comfortably fell asleep afterwards.

Nayeon went back to Sana as Hansol and Chaeyoung started to take pictures of Baby Sapphire again.

“I wish Tzuyu was with me,” Sana said in a gloomy manner as Nayeon held her hand and caressed it gently.

“She’ll come here. I’m sure,” Nayeon said firmly which caused a smile to form on Sana’s lips once again.

“I miss her so much,” Sana started off with a sad tone, “I badly want her beside me. I want her embrace, her kiss, her touch, I miss all of it. And all that I want to see right now is her and our baby together,” the younger added while crying softly.

And again, Nayeon tried to comfort her by caressing her hand in the gentlest way possible, “She’ll come here for you. She’ll come here for you and Sapphire,” she said before giving Sana a tight hug.