APOLOGY.

So these past few days I’ve been re-reading my works since I am applying for a writing job online and I wanted to see if I improved just a little bit... only to see something so unpleasant that I never thought I did.

In the far chapters of this book, Redmail, I noticed that I’ve written the c-word as Tzuyu’s nickname for her boyfriend Jun (if you already finished the book) and used it as something to tease Jun’s character.

I am speaking with full sincerity and honesty since everyone is asking if I’m Chinese. I am not, and I am really really sorry for what I’ve written on those chapters.

I promise to revise those chapters as soon as possible as I don’t want the future readers to perceive that I am racist. I AM NOT RACIST and I will never, ever tolerate or engage in things that mock people’s race, skin color, culture, and language. I am only 16 that time and still not educated about what’s racist or not, so please let me reflect on my actions by myself.

I’ve been receiving hate for writing the c-word and even threats, but I understand. Being racist is the worst thing something could ever do. Just please, give me this chance to change and reflect on my actions.

I will re-read ALL of my works starting tomorrow and will immediately revise and change something deemed as racist or anything else mocking other people. I want my writing to be carefully written with care and consideration for other people’s feelings, opinions, and beliefs.

Again, I am sorry. And I will never do that again. I will use this mistake to make myself a better person that everyone can look up to.

Have a great time, everyone.
Blaire.