LXXI

It's been a few months since Hakuyuu and Hakuren had joined and since they had departed from the Parthevia Empire and had begun moving towards the Dark Continent in general. Having managed to avoid the eyes of the Heliohapt Kingdom and Artemyra, they managed to travel deep into the Great Rift, only with several hardships and troubles in their way - but, Yunan gladly led them through it. There, they met with the Red Lions of Alma Torran and though the others were surprised about it, for Masrur and Lucy, who had already met them once before, it was a reunion.

"For our future King, we Red Lions will gladly offer ourselves to you," the leading male bowed.

"With such an interesting plan, who wouldn't follow?" another grinned.

"We look forward to the future that you will build," a female smiled and Lucy returned that smile with a curt nod.

The Red Lions all looked at her with an amusing glint in their eye for the more they looked at Lucy, the more they were reminded of their previous, great King Solomon. How similar their eyes looked as they looked towards the same dream; a dream of peace and unity for their people. It was no wonder that the four Magis had become taken by her.

Having built a contract with them, they soon set off from the Dark Continent and back towards the direction of the Reim Empire. Despite always having to be under caution wherever they went, they were nonetheless satisfied for the months and days and seconds that they spent together were something that they treasured. Laughing with one another and falling to each other's pranks, who wouldn't say that it was fun?

In an Ancient Ruin~

Now, after transversing the world, here they stood before a common enemy, their vessels by their side as they each were in their djinn equip. Having run across an ancient artifact, the guardian that laid guarding the ancient land awakened and the only way to survive was to defeat it.

"Quite a tough bastard," Wu Kong wiped his mouth and grinned, panting.

"Or maybe you're just too weak," Tomoyo remarked as she struck her umbrella down onto the floor and knelt down, catching her breath, her body dirty and bruised from attacking.

"I don't think you're in the position to worry about me," Wu Kong glanced at her in frustrated worry.

Kaede held his hands before him, the eight-pointed star glowing on his palm as he blasted a torrent of wind at it before getting hit and falling back. Gaining his balance, he put his hand on the ground as he slid back several meters.

"Kaede!" Hakuren yelled.

He held a hand up and gave a smirk. "Fine."

"Lucy," Masrur looked back at her.

Lucy stared at him and nodded her head. "Do as you please. Whatever you wish to do and deem necessary to do, you may do it. I won't stop you."

Masrur nodded his head and unsheathing the sword that hung from his waist, he held it in his hand, the eight-pointed star glowing as the rukh surrounded him. He hadn't used it yet but right now, if it meant protecting them, then he didn't mind. He had wished to simply rely on his household vessel for he didn't have the amount of magoi to wield the second vessel. But now, it was different. He could freely use the magoi around him at will without having to rely on Lucy. Opening his eyes, the rukh flowed into his sword and enveloped his body.

Guardian of the Sixth Heaven
Presider of the Sphere of Chesed
Envelop me, dwell in me!
Transform my whole body into that of a great deity, Makon!

His hair stood up slightly as it lengthened down to what seemed like a furry mane, dyed a shiny, white color. His maroon pink eyes changed into a bright golden as golden armor donned his body, outlining his firm muscles. A white cloth was draped from his shoulder and down to his waist where a white cloth was situated around his waist. A golden pin was situated at his chest, pinning the cloths together as the white cloth flowed behind him like a shoulder cape.