LIX

"Our name is Araboth," the giant leaned down and grinned. "The Guardian of this Seventh Tower of Heaven."

Lucy and Masrur stared up at it with widened eyes for even if he had the appearance of a djinn, he felt different. Even Beleth, who never bowed down to anyone, seemed to treat him with respect. Yunan had returned and dropped down next to them with a gentle smile on his face, glad to see that Lucy had made it through the trial.

"Now then, it seems like there was more filth that had entered than I had imagined," he gazed down upon the Fairy Tail members. "Shall we toss them to the side?"

Their bodies floated in midair before Araboth before he flicked them away with disinterest. Lucy recognized his voice as the one that had spoken to her. Calming down, she continued to rest her gaze on him. Masrur stood by her side and stared at him as well.

"There's no need to be so tense," he grinned. "The trial's over. You have my word."

"So she passed?" Yunan smiled.

Araboth smirked. "If she didn't, she wouldn't be standing here before you so calmly, Magi. Besides, you knew that she would pass, didn't you?"

"Truthfully speaking, it was quite the close call. Right, Lucy?" he turned to her.

Lucy nodded her head and looked at Masrur. "You have my thanks, Masrur."

"Nevertheless, she passed. After all, if she managed to hear his voice, that is proof that the words she spoke were true. She cares for those around her more than anything else," Araboth said with a contented look. "Truly a person worthy of being King."

"Indeed," Yunan chuckled.

"Though for a King, you still lack flaws, I will do everything in my power to fulfill your desires," he said. "Your wish of becoming King for the sake of others instead of yourself...I guess that in itself is the character of a King."

Lucy stared at him. "Do you really wish for me to become King?"

Araboth stared at her. "If I have to say, then no. You're dumb, you're pretty foolish, you're too idealistic, and, most of all, you're not at all scheming and devious like what an actual King should be like."

His words jabbed her multiple times in the body and she sweated bullets, knowing that he was right. Blood trickled out of her mouth as she stared blankly up at him, wondering why in the world he wanted her to become King.

"But," he said and for the first time, gave a genuine smile. "You are the only person who I've met that truly wishes to make a world of paradise without sacrificing or using others."

Lucy widened her eyes upon hearing her words.

"What if I can't do that?" she thought about it before speaking up. "What if I can't follow what I want until the end and become someone who you think doesn't deserve your power?"

"Then I only have myself to blame for not having been able to clearly see through you," he put his arms behind his head and leaned back in relaxation. "Human girl, if I chose someone to follow and entrust my powers to, then it's that."

"Even though he says it so coolly, he's actually really happy," Yunan added quickly.

"Hey, Magi!" Araboth immediately yelled, flustered.

"Unlike the other Djinns, Araboth has been living a far longer time and though he existed during the age of Alma Toran, he rarely showed himself since he's a person who resides within the Seventh Heaven," Yunan explained. "So it's been several centuries since he found a suitable King."