XVI

"Did you prepare everything?!" Ja'far yelled over to Hinahoho.

"Everything's ready to go!" Hinahoho gave a thumbs-up. "All the luggage has been loaded!"

Ja'far nodded his head and walked over to Drakon. "Drakon, how does the ship's equipment look like?"

"They're all good," he answered. "We can leave at any time."

"Good," he said before walking over to Sinbad. "Sin, we're ready to depart at any time. Everything has been checked and boarded. We can leave as soon as you give us permission to depart from the harbor."

"Very well," he swung out his arm, a grin plastered on his face. "We're departing now!"

Upon Sinbad's order, they all boarded the large ship - which was three times the size of Sindria's average ship - and watched as it slowly left the harbor at which it was anchored at. Lucy watched in fascination as the waves beneath the ship slowly moved the ship along towards its destination. They were leaving Sindria and departing on an adventure, something that she had longed to do since the moment she woke up. She leaned over the railing slightly before being pulled back by a firm hand.

"Lucy, you'll fall," Kouen said, bringing her back.

"You're right," she chuckled. "Thank you, Kouen, for the warning."

"No matter how excited you are, it would all be for naught if you were to accidentally throw yourself overboard," he said.

Lucy pouted. "I'm not that clumsy."

"Who knows?" he said, looking the other way.

"Kouen!" she smacked him in the chest.

He laughed and couldn't help but want to tease her even more. Having enough of it, Lucy looked out into the ocean again, her eyes sparkling with delight. Kouen saw the look in her eyes; a look full of enthusiasm and anticipation at what laid ahead of their journey. He smiled to himself at seeing her expression and was glad that he had decided to let her go.

"I'm looking forward to it," Lucy said, her eyes reflecting nothing but pure happiness.

Kouen looked at her and smiled softly. "Yeah. I'm looking forward to it, too," he put a hand on her waist and pulled her close.

She rested her head against his chest and smiled with tender affection. The wind blew softly, carrying the salty ocean scent along with it. The country of Sindria grew ever smaller and Lucy looked the other way, her brown orbs sparkling with passion. Kouen smiled and released her, letting her walk around the ship freely to her heart's content. However, unexpectedly, rather than doing so, she held his hand and wanted to walk with him.

"I guess it has been a long time since we were together," he said.

She nodded her head. "Yup."

He wanted to respect her individual will but like always, she always managed to surprise him. He didn't want to let her go and realizing that she didn't want to either, he decided to indulge in his own selfish wish. He held her hand and walked with her. With Lucy staring softly into the distance as Kouen stood near her, the two looked absolutely mesmerizing as if they had just appeared out of a painting.

"Those two are really amazing," Sharrkan remarked. "To openly show their affection like that."

Yamraiha nodded her head. "I'm sort of jealous at that," she sighed and looked longingly into her own fantasy. "I wish I had that kind of man by my side. Just seeing the way Kouen-sama cares for her makes any woman want a man who looks at them the same way."