XV. Spectrum

A/N: Seeing even just one or two kind or funny comments lights up my entire day.

And they're what motivates me to update even with my hectic college schedule.

So I just want to thank you guys for taking the time to do that, it makes me so happy :')

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Anyway, on to the story!

°°°

Jungkook's p.o.v.

I stared in shock at the sight in front of me.

Menacing creatures with gruesome fangs and bat-like wings were chained up in the cell.

They were screeching, shrill sounds like nails on a board, as they clawed at the chains.

Their bodies were almost skeletons, horribly under-nourished and hunched over, covered by a thigh hide of skin, and for eyes they had nothing but hollow sockets.

These were creatures of hell.

"What the fuck are they doing here?" I demanded, glaring at Namjoon.

He had brought me down to the dungeons saying that there was some good news he wanted to show me.

I didn't understand who in their sane mind would think that this was good news.

This was terrible. This meant the balance was all off.

Creatures of the underworld were surfacing.

Why weren't the archangels stopping any of this?

"They're here to help us." He explained with a proud smile.

"Angels are stronger than us owing to their divine powers and weapons, but if we have enough in numbers we'll be able to take them down."

I shook my head, confused as to how any of this was real.

"How are they getting out?"

"The archangels have been compromised, there's no one to guard all the openings anymore.

Everything's falling right into place, don't you think, Jungkook?

And you can lead this all. You can be the one who creates the new world, who defines the rules, who has the throne."

I took a step back, flinching at sound of the screeching creatures that were now turned towards me looking at me with those hollow sockets.

"How is that possible? There are three archangels, even if one of them-"

"Onew is on our side. He made sure to get Seokjin and Minho out of the way." Namjoon said calmly.

No. Fuck, no. This was bad. I led Taehyung to believe Seokjin was the one that betrayed them.

His dream about Jin was real then, just like the witch had implied. Just like he had tried telling me countless times before I brushed it aside saying it was nothing more than a bad dream.

"What's wrong, Jungkook? Don't you see how far we've come? You should be overzealous about this.

We're only a few steps away to getting what we want."

"I don't understand. Why would you want me to lead? Wasn't it you who wanted the throne?" I asked him, with hard eyes.

He laughed warmly. "Jungkook, when I said I wanted the throne I meant I wanted for us demons to stake claim over it.