X. Shadows

A/N: First I want to wish our maknae a very Happy Birthday!!!! 🎇🎆🎇🎆🎇

Happy Birthday, Jeon Jungkook, you little golden piece of perfection!!!

Stay healthy and happy!❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

°°°

Jungkook's p.o.v.

I shot the masked demon on the floor one more time, watching the dark blood pool out from the multiple gunshot wounds on his shoulder.

There was havoc all around me as the other demons of my gang raided the building of the black market.

I had gotten information of all their exits and secret passageways when Taehyung was rescuing his friend the last time we were here and was able to convince Namjoon that crushing one of the black market for angels would only cement the strength of our gang and also serve as a warning to other gangs that tried to threaten our power.

It didn't take much convincing on my part, and for that I was grateful, but that also made me also made me wonder if that meant that Namjoon in was fact paranoid about his the safety of his position.

It didn't seem like a far stretch because I knew something was stirring up.

More and more demons were coming out of the shadows, becoming more active than usual and guardian angels that were supposed to be keeping them in check seemed to be lessening every day.

It was almost like the chess pieces representing the entirety of the demons were slowly but surely moving so as to bring a check-mate to the side of the angels, and Taehyung was that one knight that would tirelessly keep killing pawns but could never win.

I shook my head, not liking that train of thought.

It was like I was sympathizing his situation and that was just ridiculous. It didn't make any sense for me to feel bad watching him try hard and fail when it meant that I was winning, so why was I?

The pained groan of the demon under me broke my train of thought and I welcomed the distraction, grinning widely as I bent down next to the demon and pulled the tacky, red mask off.

"I really don't know how you guys pulled all of this masquerade fiasco off and be taken seriously without coming off as a B-grade death eater.

Kudos to your whole cult for that." I told him, tossing the mask carelessly over my shoulder.

He coughed out black blood before giving me a sideways glance, a slow smirk forming on his cut lip.

"You really think you know what's going on, don't you?" He drawled out with a chuckle.

"Oh, how I love watching all of you with young blood go on a wild goose chase.

It's one of my favorite hobbies."

I rolled my eyes, not in the mood for a 'bad guy's' monologue, so instead, I shot him again in the knee, relishing in the sound of his bone being crushed by the bullet.

"Blah, blah, blah, that's not what I'm interested in, old man.

I want to know how your group of grim-reapers managed to capture so many angels in so little time in the past few years.