IX. Gold

°°°

Jungkook's p.o.v.

After more than fifteen minutes of awkward silence, I couldn't help myself anymore.

"When I told you to come with me to get your mind off of your nightmare I meant we could talk too you know?" I told the blond seated shotgun who had been staring out of the window and ignoring me, like he was in some kind of music video the second he got into the car.

He hummed but continued to look outside.

I clicked my tongue at his behavior, drumming my fingers on the steering wheel as I waited for the red light to turn green.

"So much for a romantic morning drive." I muttered, saying it loud enough for him to hear, but instead of getting a rise out of him like I had expected, he remained indifferent.

I sighed. "Is it the nightmare that's bothering you? Because it isn't real-"

"It isn't the nightmare, Jungkook. I'm just thinking." He said, cutting me off and shifting in his seat to lean against the backrest.

"A penny for your thoughts?" I offered half-heartedly, knowing fully well that he wouldn't tell me what he was thinking.

He seemed to consider it, eyebrows scrunching up for a second before he looked at me.

There was something different about the way he did, like he was trying to figure something out, like he was trying to find something he hadn't seen before.

"I'm thinking about you."

I stared at him unable to comprehend what that meant and taken aback at the honesty in his words. There wasn't a teasing tone or the feel of a light-hearted joke in the way he said it. He meant it.

"Jungkook, the light's green."

"Huh?" I said dumbly, taking a second to register the honking cars behind us and the change in color of the traffic signal.

"Oh right." I quickly pulled down the handbrake and pressed my foot on the gas, resuming our drive.

"So," I cleared my throat. "What exactly is it that you're thinking about? My dashing smile, or about how good I look in this jacket, maybe my abs-"

"About how I'm going to kill you."

I nodded. "Close enough."

I watched the corners of his lips perk up in a suppressed smile in the reflection of the glass in front of us.

"Where are we going?" He asked me, looking a little less melancholy.

"Somewhere I haven't gone to for a long while...it's where I usually go when I get a nightmare." I told him with a wistful smile as I took a turn.

"Oh.." He wetted his lip. "You've never told me about your nightmares."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why would I?"

"We used to-"

I rolled my eyes. "Oh right, the past we have that I don't remember."