EIGHT

EIGHT

I paid no attention to my biology teacher what-so-ever. I was sitting next to Scott the next morning doodling on my page, trying to remember something about Stiles, or more importantly, who he was.

I got bored of doodling and glanced at Scott. He seemed to be taking all this in. I pressed my lips together and looked out the window, bored of looking at my brother. There was a man outside with a Jeep.

A Jeep.

Now that sounds very foreign to me yet again. Also, it looked familiar. "Stacey?" I hear my teacher ask, I snap back and looked at my teacher.

"I... completely agree," I lied. I have no idea what the teacher was talking about.

"Is there something more important outside that's more fascinating than the structure of the human mind?" My teacher asked.

"No," I lied again. "I don't think so. No."

"Okay," my teacher continues. "Good, now many people..." I block her out again, I could feel my brother's eyes on me and I turned to him. I then looked out of the window again and there was the Jeep about to be lifted up onto a truck, taken away.

"I'm sorry, I'll be right back," I quickly tell her and jumped out of my seat and walked quickly out of the class. I was out of the school and into the school parking lot. "Hey! You can't tow this Jeep!" I yell at the man, walking over to him.

"Paperwork says it can. It's reported as abandoned." The worker said, glared.

I placed my hand on top of the Jeep. "And now it's not."

"Oh, this is your vehicle?" The worker laughs.

"Does it matter?" I asked.

He lets out a laugh. "Sounds like a no,"

That's when my brother comes out of nowhere and placed his hands on the Jeep as well. "It's mine," my brother lied. "Ah, it's my Jeep, thank you. I'll move it once I get the keys." We looked at each other briefly. "From my locker. After you leave."

"I'm sorry, once it on the hook." The worker said.

"Please don't say you're on the hook." I snort, crossing my arms.

"Well, I can't now," the worker says.

"Well, okay, look there's gotta be something we can do," my brother tried. "Sign something, call someone,"

"Pay someone," I cock my head. Everyone wants money.

"Drop fees $150." The man said. "Cash."

I got out my wallet, I only had a 100. "$150?" Scott asked in shock, his eyes widening. He turned to me. "This thing isn't even worth that much,"

I rolled my eyes. "How much you got?"

"How much have you got?" My brother fires back.

"Just give me your money," I whisper. He lets out an annoyed sigh. "Please, Scott."

"All I have is $50, and when I say all I have, I mean all-" I snatch the money from him. How do I have more money than him? He has a job for christ sakes. I fold the money over and I hand the worker the money. I turn to leave. "Hey," my brother pulls me back. "You know I don't actually have the keys to this thing, right?"

"But, now we have a Jeep," I state.

I stand in front of the blue Jeep. There was a noise coming from inside. My gut was literally telling me to come here. So, I had left ditched class for the rest of the day.