THIRTEEN

THIRTEEN

"The Tunnel's gate's locked," Lydia informed us, running towards us. "Everything's locked." She entered the room that we were in, we were in the tunnel's ground. Scott had locked the door behind her.

Malia jogged over to us. "Think it'll hold them off?" Malia asked.

"Probably not."

"Definitely not."

"Absolutely not."

"You guys aren't hoping I'm gonna be optimist are you?" Malia asked. We all then looked at the somewhat freezer that was in the corner of the room.

"So, how cold does this thing get?" Scott asked and we all seemed to agree to ignore Malia's question and walked over to the freezer.

"Cold enough for a Hellhound. It's not the same as an ice bath you gave Isaac, it can go lower your core temperature past anything human that can survive." Lydia explained.

"So what does freezing our asses off having to do with our memories?" Malia asked. I'm gonna be honest, I kind have no idea either.

"It'll slow your heart-rate, and put you in a trance-like state," Lydia explained some more.

"Like hypnosis," Scott tells us and I nodded, finally understanding what is actually going on here. I just want Stiles back. I miss him, yet I don't really know him. Wait, I did know him but I can't excatly remember him.

Lydia nodded. "Hypnotic Regression. If we can figure out how to work it."

Malia then looked around and spotted some buttons. She points to it. "This says start, so, maybe it's not that complicated," Malia tells us.

"It's complicated," Scott said, there were temperature buttons and what not on the machine.

"So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?" I asked, looking at the old machine.

"As much time as Liam and Stilinski can give us," Scott answers me, looking my way. Scott then pulled opened the door and it opens into a small little area. Scott had taken off his t-shirt and Malia had pressed the start button. I noticed Scott's tattoo, maybe Stiles had something to do with that.

"Okay, it's doing something. You ready?" Malia asked as we can hear the machine turning on, hopefully. Scott gave my hand a squeeze, I squeezed back and he opened the door some more before entering the machine.

Slowly, he enters and I had shut the door for him. We made eye contact before I locked it completely. "Remember, this will get cold enough to kill you," Lydia tells Scott. "So if something feels wrong or like, it's not working..."

"It's going to work," Scott tells her, I hope it works. I really hope to God it works.

"I hope you're not saying that because you think I know what I'm doing," Lydia said.

"I'm saying that because I know you can figure it out." Scott then glanced at me. Lydia then flipped some switches and the machine did its magic. "Oh, okay, all right, yeah, that's cold. Really cold." You could see some cold fogs entering the tiny space he's in.

"So what are we suppose to do? Talk to him?" Malia asked, turning her head towards Lydia and I. "Help him remember? Wait till he turns into werewolf freezy pop?"

I let out a short and sharp laugh at Malia's joke, though, I'm sure she was serious. Lydia glared at me. "We need to guide him. Keep him focused." Lydia explained.

You can hear Scott grunting and sucking through his teeth. "Scott, you have to think about him. Concentrate on Stiles." I start to instruct my brother. "Try to picture him in your head. Think about what he looks like, the thing he says."