Dragged back in

Lance sat on his knees on the ground as he focused on breathing with the echoes of mumbles and snarls around him of the prison under his home. It's just echoes, bouncing off the walls, the noise never escaping.

He heard boots against the metal and sighed knowing it was soldiers or iverson or both, he didn't care if they where after him once again, it didn't matter anymore, death would be liberating, to see Lotor, his fallen friends, his father and mother, all it took was for his heart to stop and stay like that.

A silent tear ran down his face. He wanted to end it all, he didn't care where he died anymore, down in this hell hole or with his final breaths being the fresh air from above. In the hands of these monsters or from bleeding out. Lance wanted to stop feeling it all, he wanted to be free from his mortality and to just close his eyes, to go to sleep and wake up feeling no pain and see the love of his life once again, to see their dream wedding.

All it took was a easy gun shot to the head.

Someone grabbed his chin roughly and lance looked up only to see iverson.

"Miss me?" Lance smiled with no humor.

"Not as much as some scientist do," iverson slapped his face making lances head snapped to the side while being unchained.

"Let's get moving," he snarled and lance let them drag him away. He didn't help, he let his feet drag behind him with an annoyed look at this point.

"Lance!" Harper cried out in fear kicking at the cage door. Lance kept his head down in shame.

The men stopped in the halls as iverson opened a door. He felt goose bumps run up his spine when they walked through and first thing he heard was children laughing as they ran past the men and lance looked up seeing them running to Veronica as she stood outside a door.

"Rosy, Leo you cant be here," Veronica gasped at the two and she knelt in front of them.

"Tia Veronica I wanted to see what you did and Leo said dad said yes," the little girl smiled bright as lance couldn't move. There where children down here, they didn't know the horrors this system did.

"I doubt it, Leonardo you take your sister back right now before your dad finds out," Veronica told them as she could see the fear in lances eyes.

"Can we please watch the lab where you work?" Leo better his aunt.

"Um actually I'm not working in the lab Leo," Veronica pursed her lips. "For now at least,"

"Tia who's that?" Rosy tugged on her lab coat pointing at lance. He flinched at all eyes on him as the men gripped him tighter on his arms as iverson glared.

"Whoa is he a rabid?" Leo asked with wide eyes. Lance started to try to get out of their grasps more as he tried scooting back. His heart raced. They where children and he was allowing fear to seep in.

"Leo go, this isn't for you guys," Veronica said more stern now.

"Why? He's not scary," the ten year old made a face.

"Son you best listen to your aunt, get," iverson cut in.

"Cierra la boca," lance spat at him as he glared.

"Yea cabron," Leo smiled wickedly making lance raise an eye brow.

"Leonardo," a man walked past them not noticing the warrior from above as he went to his son.

"Sorry commander, you know how kids are," the man knelt down to pick up rosy as she smiled up at her father and held onto his shoulders. He had tan skin and broad shoulder, tall with dark brown hair slicked and a goatee.

"Get them out of here sir," iverson glared and the man nodded looking back at lance. He paused.

"Who the hell is he?" The man asked Veronica with wide eyes.

"Kids go to Luis and Rachel now, this is adults only," he told his children quickly and they both ran off passing lance.

"Marco it's-" "Veronica what is this kind of work? We let rabids into our home once and the savaging ones came back as their revenge," Marco snapped.

"Jokes on you, it was a win win for us," Lance rasped looking up.

"Shut it beast," iverson growled walking up to him but Veronica pulled him back.

"Commander you don't need to abuse him every chance you get," she hissed.

"Maybe next time you'll pull the fucking trigger," Lance snarled at him as it cause everyone by surprise.

"General," Veronica walked over with her heel shoes clicking against the ground. "Gentlemen release him. Now," 

Lance gasped when they dropped him and he fell against the floor with his palms slapping against the ground. He stayed there panting softly staring at Veronica's shoes as she stood in front of him.

"Iverson I got this, my brother will stay in case,  we don't need anymore hostility from you," Veronica glared at him and iverson waited a moment glaring but nodded, making him and his men leave.

"General this is my older brother Marco, he was once a military leader but left for engineering when he became a father," Veronica knelt in front of him gently as lance kept his eyes down.

"I'm not your science project," Lance glared up at her.

"I understand that, but I do have a job," Veronica nodded.

"So do I," he snarled but notice Marco staring at him as if he was a puzzle.

"How'd you get that scar on your eye brow?" Marco asked walking forward.

"Fuck off," lance spat at him sitting up with a grunt holding something around his neck.

"What is that? Around your neck," Veronica pursed her lips.

Lance gripped it tighter.

"Loose someone you love, you hold onto the things you have left of them," he closed his eyes.

"We lost our father and mother, we know the feeling," Veronica nodded.

"Ha. I never knew my mother, I watched my father's slaughter," Lance glared up at her.

"From our people?" She asked gently.

"The galra empire, before the separation, my fiancé's father killed him," Lance shook his head as he pressed his hand against the cool floor before hissing, pushing himself up.

"Sounds like fun, this chick must be the one," Marco chuckled a little at it and Veronica gave her brother a glare.

"Until your people killed the love of my life, yea sure they where the one," lance gave him a smile.

"So you all can stick that arrogance of yours right up your ass and choke on it," he snarled.