30. Just Breathe

A/N: Early update! I'm actually celebrating my birthday this weekend, so rather than skip the update, I figured you guys would appreciate an earlier update. Thanks to everyone who reads, comments and votes. I wrote this book just as a fun idea, but I'm so grateful for everyone who has grown to enjoy it as much as I do. Also put another song/video in the top. It was partially the inspiration for the title and also a song that I was listening to a lot writing this chapter. Matt Corby in general is amazingly. If you haven't heard of him you should defiantly check him out. Anyways, Enjoy! xx OPFF

.........................................................................................
I woke up groggily to Hayley moving around in the bed as I finally gave in and opened my eyes. To my surprise Hayley was awake smirking guiltily at me. Before I could get a word out, she tugged me closer to her and the covers were thrown over our heads. Hayley's cute smile was covered up with her hand, but her bright green eyes awake and happily watching me.

"What... are you doing?" I asked slowly.

Hayley's face crinkled a bit and her free hand snuck out to cover mine.

"Morning breath" I heard her mumble from behind the hand.

"Pft!" I said to her laughing as I moved to get up from under the covers.

Hayley laughed, her hands stopping me from moving.

"What?" I questioned smiling at her now uncovered mouth.

"I like it under here with you" She said shyly "also sorry for waking you" She added before covering my mouth again. In retaliation I moved to cover hers.

I couldn't help but laugh.

With the maturity of a 5 year old I felt Hayley lick my palm as I yanked it away with a squeal.

"You win this round" I conceded, wiping my hand on my shirt.

"Rehearsals today?" Hayley questioned sadly

"Yep" I replied back poking her side to earn a small smirk from her.

"Hey now, precious cargo" She said scooting back a bit with a wide grin.

"Have you had to talk to HR again anymore?" She asked

"No. I'm over all of it. I just want to move on at this point" I said

"Right..." Hayley said getting quite again.

She had been doing that a lot in the past few days. I imagined she was still trying to sort out all of her emotions. I was still trying to find the delicate balance between letting her heal at her own pace, but trying to be supportive as well. The one thing that was extremely interesting was Hayley's recovery rate. I'd always known she could go from zero to one hundred quicker than anyone I knew, but she also was easily comforted and easily brought back to reality. I'd noticed it, the moments where she slipped into her head; all it took was one comforting comment from me or the guys, or a small touch and she always got herself right back out. I admired the hell out of that because sometimes I feared that I could get so lost in my head that I'd lose touch with reality at times. Not in a psychotic crazy way, but in a useless way.

Yesterday we had quite the conversation. We actually confronted the future, without actually confronting it. It seemed that I had this amazing ability to ignore the obvious, and Hayley had this amazing ability to talk about the obvious. When you combined us both together, we did a clumsy, yet convincing dance act of directly addressing a topic without actually addressing it at all.

I had been in the shower, rinsing out a bit of GDY product Brian and Hayley had convinced me into trying when Hayley, who had been sitting on the toilet seat reading a book came out of now where with the conversation.