14. Everything I touch, turns to stone

A/N: Hey guys! These updates are getting a bit more sporadic, work has been keeping me ridiculously busy along with the craziness of life but here's another chapter! Vote, follow and comment! Have a great week guys!

................................

My breath caught. I wasn't sure if she was talking about the photo anymore. Her eyes were now trained on me... and it was a feeling I wasn't quite used to yet. I watched her carefully unsure what she was trying to portray to me but dying to understand what exactly she was trying to say.

I followed her eyes as they darted from my eyes down to my lips. It couldn't be... She... what was going on exactly.

I didn't have time to properly think as I felt her hand reach up to softly grasp around my back, her body moving in closer to me. Our faces were a mere few inches apart as she looked up at me momentarily gauging what was going on before her eyes locked back onto my lips. My brain had stopped thinking and my body began reacting with or without my accord, that I was still unsure of.

I felt myself move forwards watching her until the last moment when my eyes fluttered close, our lips centimeters apart. My hand had slipped into the lush blonde locks for support as I leaned in to meet the lips that were the culprit to the ache I was feeling inside.

"Alex and Hayley have got to see the Ann Veronica Janssens exhibit!" Zac's voice rang from around the corner startling the moment just before our lips could touch.

I felt myself jolt backwards my eyes meeting a just as surprised Hayley. She looked towards the sound of the voice then back at me, her cheeks flushed and her eyes as wide as mine probably were. I went into full panic mode. I got up quickly walking away towards where Zac was just walking about the corner.

"Oh! There you guys are!" He said smiling excitedly

"Alex?" Joey asked a little more concerned

"You all good? You look like you've seen a ghost" Joey said laughing as he threw an arm around my shoulders.

"Fine. Just really emotional pieces over here" I quickly said, attempting to clear my throat.

"Hayles, you coming?" Zac asked

I didn't hear a response but I assume she nodded. I didn't dare to look at her.

I almost kissed Hayley. We almost kissed. What the actual fuck. How do I always manage to ruin anything good that happens to me? We were content, good as what we were and I had to go and ruin it by trying to kiss her. God dammit Alex!

I couldn't focus the rest of the museum. We left not too long after, having explored most of the museum already. I walked ahead of the group calling an uber, impatiently waiting for it to arrive.

When the uber finally arrived I nabbed the front seat not wanting to have to face Hayley or anything she may be wanting to say to me now. I couldn't handle the impending rejection and I really couldn't handle losing her as my friend because of my stupid fuck up.

The entire ride I was silent. The guys were talking, but I just couldn't tune in. I had a million things racing through my mind. What was I going to do... rewind even before that, what the hell was I thinking?!

It dawned on me the reality of the situation. I couldn't justifiably still call this thing I seemed to have for Hayley a mere crush anymore. I tried to kiss her! I... I had legitimate feelings for her... the one person who has been there as a friend and fought through my emotionally stunted bullshit, one person who climbed all my walls and here I am trying to fuck it all up. Talk about sabotaging yourself...