15. Secrets We Can No Longer Keep

A/N: Helllooooo

A/N: Helllooooo. Its been awhile. I am back from vacation and ready to continue this journey we all started together. It is coming to an end but I may or may not have another story up my sleeve... Not to give anything away yet but big things to come soon. Anyways thanks again for reading, voting and commenting, you guys are so amazing and never fail to keep a smile on my face. Made this extra long for y'all because it's been a hot minute. ENJOY!

I woke up the next morning with an email from Milo. I swallowed hard not quite sure what she would have said or what could be lying in wait for me within the email.

I choose instead to get up, grabbing a quick shower to wake myself up and some coffee to give myself a bit of liquid encouragement. We were still driving, a few hours shy of Vienna since we started driving around 1 am. I had an hour or two until everyone began waking up and then another hour or so until we reached our destination.

I sighed taking my phone out, my finger lingering on the email.

"Fuck it" I whispered and clicked the email to open it.

I cursed the eternity it felt like it was taking to open the email as it loaded excruciatingly, the service dodgy since we were driving. My heart dropped as it finally opened.

Ria,

"To conqueror fears you have to go straight through it not around it" If I know you correctly you've probably been avoiding her instead of actually having any solid proof that anything is even ruined. So stop being a chicken shit, actually talk to her, and stop running so god damn much. My legs hurt from watching crazy ass run away from your problems, so I can only imagine she's pretty tired from chasing you as well. 

Love you and all that.

Milo

Ps. Mom sends her love, so stop dodging calls.

I could help but burst into laughter as I read through it. It was a very Milo-like email and I really shouldn't have expected anything but this.

"Wow I don't think I've heard you laugh like that in weeks" An all too familiar voice interrupted.

The smile quickly slid off my face as Hayley slid into the opposite side of the booth I was sitting in.

"Oh, by all accounts, don't stop because of me" She said, her notorious smile shining through, though it still didn't meet her eyes. She looked tired and plain exhausted.

"Sorry if I woke you" I mumbled putting my phone into my pocket.

"You didn't. Couldn't sleep very well last night" She murmured back looking out the window at the passing landscape of what I assumed was Austria.

I didn't say anything, needing a moment to gather my thoughts. I had to stop being such a coward and face things just as Milo had so eloquently put. I thought back to how I was always running. I ran from my family when they needed me most, I ran from Kirsten because I couldn't live with what had happened, I ran from friends and anyone who ever dared to try to get to close to me including this band, and now I was running from the one person who I couldn't get off my god damn mind. When would I grow up and start taking things head on. I was going to be 25 this year and I still couldn't get my shit together.