10. The Brave one and the Passive one

A/N: As always thanks so much for the messages and kind words! Its really encouraging and helps on days when my mind draws blanks and hits walls while writing. Its been a busy week, but here's chapter 10. Don't forget to like, follow and vote! Thanks!

2 days later I got a group text canceling practice and then an individual text following almost immediately asking me to come around to Hayley's place to help her and the guys figure out the set list for the official beginning of Tour one, hence why practice was cancelled.

I got there relatively quickly considering I had been pretty much ready for practice already and the short distance between our houses.

I knocked on the door twice before it opened revealing a happy puppy and Hayley smiling.

"Alf! Get her!" She joked as Alf wagged his way over jumped up to give several kisses. I smiled leaning down, happily accepting them.

"This is the infamous Alf then" I said scratching this cute bundle of fur. I walked inside taking in my surroundings. It was very Hayley. I could sense her in all of the house but yet it seemed unfinished. There were very empty parts like the kitchen and one of the living rooms, but the main living room was decorated with art and GDY items scattered on one of the love seats.

"Make yourself at home, I'll get some stuff and be back in a sec" Hayley said walking up stairs and momentarily disappearing.

I looked at the pictures lining her fireplace. I immediately picked out her mom, she looked just like her crazily enough, and what I thought may have been here siblings and of course some pictures with the guys. It was ridiculously cute to be honest. The colors were bright and in your face, along with some of the coolest abstract art you could imagine. Everything screamed look at me, examine me, read me, except Hayley herself that is. She looks mild with her overalls, and bleached hair, compared to what her house seemed to scream

I heard Hayley come back down as Alf rested on the couch beside me nuzzling his head into my leg. I continued petting him as Hayley came down with a white board and markers. She laid it out on the table texting on her phone as I waited patiently.

"Okay, so good news and bad news" She said looking up at me.

"Hit me with the bad news first" I said leaning back into the couch.

"So the guys are running late, something about having to stop at a shop before coming over, but they shouldn't be too long" She said setting the things down.

"Okay, so what's the good news then" I answered as she sat down beside me grabbing a small remote.

"Well.... I was thinking we could go over a song I was thinking of adding to the set list" She said shyly

I nodded waiting as she fiddled with the remote and began playing a song I had not heard yet.

The tone was softer and gentle the clear tones of Taylor's guitar shining through. The lyrics caught my attention very quickly.

"You hurt me bad this time, no coming back, And I cry 'till I couldn't cry, another heart attack If I lay on the floor, maybe I'll wake up, And I don't pick up when you call, Cause your voice is a gun every word is a bullet hole."

When I looked up I noticed her playing with the ring on her hand again. I watched her slowly swaying to the song. I knew I wouldn't get an answer until the song finished but I just wanted to stop her now and ask what this song was about. My heart was in my throat as I listened to the lyrics continuing.

"There's still a thread that runs from your body to mine. And you can't break what you don't see, an invisible line. If I follow it down will we just be alright? But it could take me all your life to learn to love How I thought I could love someone...I haven't even begun"