27. In the End We'll All Be Okay

A/N: Oh my goodness guys. We hit 4k views! I can't thank all of you guys enough for the new comers and the longterm readers who have been here from the beginning. When I started this fic it started out just as an idea that I shared with a few of my friends. I never would have imagined that in a short while it would get up to 4k views, its really amazing. Well, as promised, here is another update. It's a nice long one for you guys. I hope you enjoy and have a fantastic weekend! As always, dont forget to vote, follow and comment! This chapter also gets a special thanks to honkforsarcasm for the words of encouragement! Enjoy guys!
Also threw in a YouTube video for a song I've been listening to nonstop as I write. Music really helps me get into the story so maybe y'all will enjoy it too?

................................................................................................................

The next morning I woke up to the smells of breakfast as I yawned, stretching before crawling out of bed and throwing on some sweat pants and a long sleeve shirt.

I came down the stairs, my stomach grumbling angrily the closer I got to the magnificent smells. I turned the corner into the kitchen to be greeted by Brian, Kolten and Taylor cooking away in the kitchen. Well Taylor was on his laptop at the kitchen table and Brian was sitting on the counter but Kolten was definitely cooking something along the lines of bacon and eggs.

"That smells amazing" I said loud enough for everyone to notice my presence.

"Hey sleeping beauty" Brian said smiling at me.

"Where are Zac, Logan and Docky?" I asked curiously

"They had stuff to do today and zipped outta here pretty early." Taylor said casually, still typing away on his laptop.

"Have no fear though Alex! The dream team... and Taylor are here!" Brian announced happily as he smirked swinging his feet as he sat on the counter.

"More like the one man cooking show and his totally unhelpful cohosts" Kotlen grumbled from the stove area.

"Aww cmon babe. You know I'm your trophy hubby. What else do you expect?" Brian joked as we all laughed aloud.

I moved to peek at what they were cooking exactly.

"Hey! No peeking!" Kolten chastised as he shooed me away towards Taylor.

"Trust me I tried to peek too. Security over there is tough" Taylor said, finally looking up from his computer to send a quick smirk my way.

"Ahh. I see. I guess we'll just have to wait and see then" I agreed looking at the hammock outside. I was trying my best not to think of Hayley, which in hindsight was nearly impossible considering I was staying in her house, everything had a touch of her. I felt myself deflate slightly at the thought.

"Hey Alex. Wanna come hangout outside while we wait? It'll be a bit. Kolten is a perfectionist" Brian said nodding to the hammock outside.

"Sure" I said following him outside as he walked over to the hammock having a seat, patting the other side behind him. "Cmon. I don't bite" He coaxed jokingly.

I rolled my eyes going to sit down beside him on the hammock.

"So.... how much of Hayley's situation do you know?" Brian asked as he began to swing us back and forth softly.

"Only what she's told me... though I don't know how much she's told me compared to what actually happened, if I'm honest" I admitted, shrugging.

"Most of us witnessed most of it happen, but I know Hayley kept a lot of her feelings down. She's not a big sharer when it comes to that stuff. She only really started opening up to me within the last few years. I think together between Taylor and I, we know it all. I watched her as she kept rising and rising and rising and then when she fell... and when she kept falling and falling and falling til she didn't have any more hope left in her... and then she met you" He explained, smiling up at me at the last part.