A Break From It All

Harry was tired, extremely tired. After getting the haul secured in Mundungus's safe house, Anubis brought Harry and Seamus back to Hogwarts. She dropped them off in the Room of Requirement then disappeared, saying something about needing to sleep after so much excitement.

Harry and Seamus said their goodbyes and crashed in the room, staying for the night. The next morning showed the two boys spread out on the large couch that the room provided when the only command is given was, "about to fall on face asleep" which is not exactly a clear instruction.

Harry woke up first, stretching out his cramped muscles from sleeping on the couch. Seamus opposite him, still snoring softly. Harry smiled to himself and rolled over to stand. Harry walked over to Seamus, who had thrown his blanket off himself. Harry grabbed the edge of the blanket and pulled it back over Seamus, tucking him in. Once he was nice and tight, Harry cocked back and slapped him across the face.

"WAKE UP FIRE DRILL!" Harry shouted

"UH OH SHIT," Seamus yelled as he ran in a random direction.

Seamus suddenly stopped in the middle of the room and slowly turned to Harry. His eyes were narrowed at Harry's form, which was convulsing on the floor in laughter.

"Fire drill," whispered Seamus, "You piece of…"

Seamus stomped to the door and left Harry to recover from his laughing fit. When Harry was finally calmed down, he stood, dusted himself off and headed back to his own dorm to shower and change.

Harry entered the Slytherin dorm to once again find Daphne sitting in her favorite chair, reading a new book.

"Morning Daphne," said Harry

"Harry," replied Daphne, returning to her book.

Harry just shrugged at Daphne's curtness and headed to his room. A shower and a change later, Harry headed back up from the dungeons to get some breakfast. Daphne was gone, but the common room was filling with other students, all heading to the same place Harry was.

Harry entered the Great Hall and took the first open seat he could find. It happened to be at the Hufflepuff table, next to Hannah Abbot and Susan Bones. Harry didn't even acknowledge them as he was quickly piling his plate with anything he could reach.

"HARRY," the voice of Susan pulled Harry from his own mind.

"OH JESUS," cried Harry, "Oh Susan, good morning."

"Good morning Harry, what's got you all distracted?"

"I'm just really hungry this morning. I did a lot yesterday and need to make up the energy."

"What could you have been doing to cause this."

"I and Seamus played a game of football yesterday."

"Oh, what is that?" asked Hannah.

"It's a Muggle sport played with just a ball."

"And it's fun?" asked Susan.

"Very, it requires a lot of dexterity, coordination, and strategy."

"Well, it sounds fun. Oh, Susan, I think it's time to go, we have to meet with Professor Sprout in fifteen minutes." Said Hannah.

"Oh dear, okay, goodbye Harry," said Susan, waving goodbye.

"Goodbye Harry," said Hannah.

Harry waved to them both then turned back to his plate. Thirty minutes later saw Harry sitting at the Hufflepuff table, rubbing his stomach. Most of the students had left already, but some were still milling around. Some had pulled out school work, other were talking. All in all, it was a very relaxing atmosphere. Then the mail came.