When planning a heist, have a magic dog

It was insane, it was ridiculous, and it was just plain stupid. Why on earth was she following them. There was no reason for it, she didn't care what they got up to in their free time as long as it didn't affect the house and, more importantly, herself. But here she was, creeping along some secret passage that lead who knows where. This was something those thick-headed Gryffindors would do. Not her, not the Ice Queen of Slytherin.

Daphne had just left the library, finishing up with some studying. She decided to wander a bit before heading to the Slytherin common room. She did not want to have to deal with Malfoy and his gang of idiots. It seemed that every day he was trying to convince her of his "superiority" to everyone else. She gave him the time of day once when they were children, but even at the tender age of 7 Malfoy had shown that he was nothing but a slimy git. Since then he has deemed her his property. For now, she gave him little thought, there was another boy who filled her thoughts. That damned Harry Potter.

*Flashback*

Daphne was coming from the bathroom when she heard the voices of one Harry Potter and Seamus Finnigan. If asked later why she chose to hide behind the suit of armor, she still wouldn't have an answer.

"… and you're sure that it's this statue?" came the voice of Harry.

"Yes, for literally the twentieth time, this is the right passage." Responded Seamus

Daphne peaked from her hiding spot, the boy's backs were facing her as the examined a statue. It looked like a woman, but only had one eye and a hump on her back. Seamus reached out and touched the hump with his wand and to Daphne's surprise, it opened. From her position, Daphne couldn't see into the passage, but was sure that it leads somewhere outside the castle. The two boys stepped into the statue and disappeared from view. Before Daphne could follow them, not that she planned to, the passage closed. Daphne pulled out her wand from her robes and tapped the hump, hopefully in the same place as Seamus did. Sure enough, the passage opened again and revealed only darkness and a small set of steps into said darkness."

*Present*

She hadn't seen him since then and, while she wasn't worried for his safety, she was worried about what he might do to add ruin to Slytherins already blotched reputation. Even though she understood that most everyone saw Slytherins as future Deatheaters, she was still proud to be a member of this house. She wouldn't allow Potter to mess up Slytherins streak for winning the house cup.

As she crept along, she realized that she couldn't hear the footsteps of the boys ahead of her. That was strange, they shouldn't be so stealthy, but this was hardly the strangest thing about the duo. She continued on until a scraping noise had stumble to a stop. She could hear the voice of Harry but couldn't make out his words. She saw their silhouettes climb into the light a once they were gone, the tunnel became dark again. Daphne stood there for a moment, not sure whether or not to continue forward. She was already acting like a Gryffindor more then what even she could allow. With a sigh, she turned and made her way back to Hogwarts.

*Line Break*

"So that's the gist of it."

"This is really the best plan you have?"

"What do you want form me, It's one of the most protected places in all of England."

"Why not start with something a little easier?"

"What, are you scared?"

Seamus just stared at Mundungus, dagger seemingly flying from his eyes. Mundungus simply smiled, knowing that he had won that exchange. Harry was busy going over all the papers laid out on the dusty table between them.