The Boy Who Survives

"I don't want him here Pet. He doesn't belong with us normal folk."

"But dear please, he's my sister's only son. Now that she dead along with her husband there's no other family he can go to."

"No, first thing tomorrow we are taking him to the nearest orphanage where he can infect other people's mistake with his freakishness."

"Yes, I understand."

"Good, I'm sorry for you sister Pet, but we can't have it in our house."

"I know. Please Vernon, let's just go to bed. We can discuss this more in the morning."

"Very well, good night dear."

"Good night."

*Line Break*

Vernon woke up with only one thing on his mind. The bundle of bothersome baby that was sleeping in his son's room. Harry Potter, the son of his wife's sister and her hoodlum of a husband. Vernon knew all about the world of Magic and was pointedly against all of it. He would not have it in nor near his house. How dare they drop off this brat to his door. He belonged with those freaks like him or in the system where he could be, hopefully, lost forever.

Vernon began his day normally as he could. He showered, shaved all but his moustache, and dress for the day. It seems Petunia had the same idea as she was humming to herself in the kitchen as she tried to feed their son Dudley, who was throwing the usual tantrum he did every morning.

"Hehe, little tike," Vernon said as he ruffled his son's hair, then he saw Harry. Vernon's face slowly went through multiple shades of red till he hit a purple that could put a plum to shame.

"Have you fed it?"

"Yes. Do you know where you will take him?"

"IT will be going to the Saint John Home for Lost Souls."

"Where is it?"

"Deep within the bowls of London. I will drop him off on my way to work."

"Very well, Have- have a good day dear."

"I will thank you Pet. Let me know if anything happens while I'm gone. I wouldn't be surprised if these people are watching."

"Yes dear."

With that Vernon placed young Harry in Dudley's car seat, after some heavy readjusting for Harry's smaller size. It took Vernon a half hour to navigate traffic and the twist and turns that make up inner city London. When he finally found the correct address, it lead down a grungy and dark alley that couldn't fit his car. Grumbling about tearing down useless buildings, Vernon unbuckled Harry from the car, locked the doors and carried the babe down the lane till he saw the building he was looking for. It was easy as it was the only building in the alley. Why it was even in business was beyond Vernon's capacity of thought. It was gothic in architecture, with a massive stone statue of Jesus Christ on the cross in a broken fountain. What dim light reached the god forsaken plot did little to ease the gloom that permeated the air. Walking around the statue, Vernon walked up the front steps and banged on the door using the massive knockers. They looked like some sort of strange symbol; a triangle with a circle within and a straight line going from the top tip of the triangle, cutting the circle in half and ending at the base of the triangle, splitting the whole symbol in half.

"Must be some religious symbol, the people are just as bad as the freaks it comes from."

The door opened with a spine shivering creek and the face of an elderly woman wearing a sister's clothes appeared from the dark.

"May I help you?"

"Yes sister, I found this child on my doorstep and understand that you take in the unwanted, no questions asked."