The Past Returns

Harry gave a confused look to the Penguin, who simply nodded back with a knowing look. Harry, now very confused, gathered his gifts and made his way out of the dining hall and to his dorm. Harry, reaching his door, found another letter taped to it. Pulling it down and entering his dorm, Harry placed to two letters on his desk, the new shoes in his footlocker and the suitcase under his bed. It almost didn't fit under the bed, when Harry tried to fit it, the top of the case and the bottom of the bed seemed to just barely overlap, but when he tired it again it was a perfect fit.

Sitting at his desk Harry made the quick decision to read the letter from his door first. Opening the envelope and seeing the letter's hand writing matched the Penguins. He began to read.

Dear Harry,

I write you this letter so that you may know about you and your family. I want you to come to my office at 10 pm. I will explain everything, and if you haven't yet, read the letter I gave you during your party. It will help with understanding everything we will talk about.

Harry set the letter down and immediately an opened the next. Harry's eyes widened as he read

Dear Mr. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1st. we await your owl no later than July 31st.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

Harry found the second letter and saw it was a list of books and other items, some of which made as much sense as the first two letters.

Items Needed: First Year

Three sets of plain work robes (Black)

One plain pointed hat (Black) for day wear

One pair protective gloves (Dragon Hide or similar)

One winter cloak (Black with Silver fastenings)

Required reading

Standard book of spells (Grade 1)

A History of Magic

Magical Theory

A Beginners Guide to Transfiguration

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi

Magical Drafts and Potions

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection

Other Equipment

Wand

Cauldron (Pewter, Standard Size 2)

Set Glass or Crystal Phials

Telescope

Set Brass Scales

Students may bring, if they so desire, an owl or a cat or a toad

Parents are reminded that all first year's students ARE NOT allowed a broomstick on school grounds.

Harry set the parchments down and leaned back in his chair. This was all most too much to take in. did these letters mean that magic was real, or was the Penguin just pulling his leg. She was the one who gave him these letters. Did she have something to do with this, was she apart of some other world. Looking at his watch, Harry saw it was nearly 10. So, he gathered the letters, placing them back in their respective envelopes, and made his way to the stairs that led to the Penguins office.