Power to Spare

Margret McGonagall leaned back in her chair as she thought about the young man who had just left her office. Harry Potter. What in the world was she going to do with him. He was strong, much stronger than she ever expected. To be so skilled with wandless magic and not even know he was doing it. This was going to be a problem. She thought back to ten years ago when she got an unexpected phone call from her sister.

*TEN YEARS AGO*

Margret was sitting in her room, having a quiet drink to celebrate the end of Voldemort when there was a knock on her door. Marking her page and setting the book on the desk, Margret grabbed her wand and hid it in her sleeve.

"Who's there?" She called out.

"It's sister Jane."

Margret stowed her wand back in her desk, sister Jane was the only other Witch that resided here. They were part of a group of magic users who spread out in the muggle world, looking for lost or forgotten children who were once members of magic families. They would find the and introduce them to the world of magic. Jane had found one other when she first started at St. Johns. Margret opened the door to allow the elderly witch inside.

"What's wrong Jane?"
"I just got a call from your sister."

Like, on the phone?" Margret had never known her sister to use any form of muggle communication before. If she has now then it must mean she isn't at Hogwarts or any other magical community.

"Yes, I have her still on the line. She seemed upset."

"Okay, let's go."

Margret followed Jane to the Head Sisters room and to where the only phone was. Jane held the door open for Margret who grabbed the phone.

"Minnie, it's Marge, what's wrong."

"You know about the Potters right?"

"Yes, terrible loss there."

"Indeed, but this is about their son Harry."

"What happened." Margret knew that if anything happened to that boy, the entire wizarding world would go into riot.

"Albus wants me to leave him at his muggle aunts home, but they are the worst type of people I've ever seen. All they do is let their own child kick and scream, getting whatever he wants. I can't stand by and let Harry grow in such an environment."

"I understand, what do you need from me."

"Is jane still there?"
"Yes."

"Good, bring her over." Margret wave Jane over to the phone and Margret held the receiver between them.

"I'm here Minnie." Said Jane

"Good, this is my plan. Tomorrow the father is planning to get rid of Harry by dumping him off at some orphanage. I'm going to use a compulsion charm to make sure that it's yours. I just wanted to prepare you both for the future. When Harry was born and received his magical scan. It was impressive to say the least. That boy is going to be a force to be reckoned with, but I do agree with Albus on one thing. Keeping him separated from our world will be better for him in the long run. To be this famous and still so young will go to anyone's head. I need the both of you to take care of him till it's time for him to rejoin our world."

Margret and Jane shared a look. This was an important task. Harry was an important person not only because of his legacy, but because of the family he is from. The Potters were one of the original families to come to the island when King Arthur and Merlin claimed it as their kingdom. The Potters, Longbottoms, Bones, Black and Prewett are the oldest families in Magical Britain.