Revenge/Sweet Chapter 5

Chapter Five

In the end I got my way. Meaning no cast. I had them wrap up my hand in pre wrap, some foamy stuff, and then wrap it again in that stretchy medical tape. I would have to change it daily which was somewhat of a hassle but I was already used to wrapping both of my wrists everyday for boxing and kick boxing. Ah shit. Well this is inconvenient. I really didn't need a broken hand; this will only slow down my training. Oh well, I could use the practice shooting with my left hand anyways, and I can still run and work out my legs.

"Hey, Vince?"

"Yes mi amore?"

"what time is it?"

I glanced over at Vince to see him flip open is phone then flicked is eyes back up to me.

"2:45... perché mi amore?" (Why my love?)

"Shit! Get this IV out of me. please. Unstrap my arm, I need to go. NOW!" I ripped my hand out of Vince's and went to rip my IV out. Before I could snake my hands around the tube, Vince grabbed my arm and yanked it back. I started to thrash around trying to yank my right arm out of the restraints only to cause myself more pain. Vince jumped on top of me, straddling over my stomach and grabbing my face forcing me to look at him.

"Liv. What the hell is going on!?"

"I need to get to my brother. He'll be out in ten minutes now. He's going to be so scared if I'm not there on time. Please, please let me go. I'll come straight back and get hooked back up to the IV. Just let me go and get him!" I said pleading with my eyes.

My thoughts went back to the day Maverick and I had almost killed each other in our last run in, three years ago. I managed to get to the hospital before passing out. I woke up the next day hooked up to so many machines, my head pounding, my ribs aching, I couldn't move my elbow. I shot up in the hospital bed and the machine next to me starting beeping wildly. A team of doctors and nurses came rushing in pushing me back down to the bed and shouting out orders to me. I couldn't hear a word they were saying. All I could think about was Baize; scared, alone, not knowing where I was since I didn't get him from school. Freaking out because I didn't know whether he was safe or not.

I shouted at them over and over to let me find my brother and they refused to let me go. I screamed for a phone and they finally brought my cell phone over to me. I pressed speed dial 1 and was instantly connected to the only FBI agent I ever trusted. His name was Agent Brody. He was the youngest of all the agents. I'm pretty sure he was 18 but he didn't look like no damn eighteen year old. He had a rough life, not like mine, but pretty damn rough. He graduated high school at fourteen. Ran with a gang for two years then was picked up by the law enforcement where he made a deal and ended up becoming FBI. I remember screaming at him to find my brother. 'Check the school, the apartment, the streets, under damn rocks if he had to, just find my brother.' He told me to calm down, said everything was going to be fine, he'd find my brother for me and bring him to me. He asked me exactly where I was and I said I was in the hospital after having a run in with Petrov. The phone line went dead right after that and I started to panic to the point I was hyperventilating.

The doctor came over and put something into my IV making me weirdly calm and making things look like they were in slow motion when I looked around. It felt like a total weird out of body experience. What felt like a year was only twenty-five minutes when Agent Brody came in carrying a comatose Baize. Brody laid my brother down in the huge chair next to my bed and crawled into my bed, holding me, whispering in my hair to never do that again. I remember I had said ow but really slowly and drawing out the w. I must have sounded like a toddler but he didn't laugh, he continued to rock me and hold me in his arms and telling me never to do that to him again. I haven't seen him since the mafia told me I could no longer be in contact with the law enforcement. It broke my heart to stop talking to Brody without telling him why.