ch. 27 | The Boy from the Balcony

-•-

-•-

It had been a week since I'd seen Noah. He had sent me probably 10 texts asking me to text him or call him back and allow me to explain himself.

Honestly, what he said hurt like a bitch. It shattered my heart to hear how he really thinks of me. Just a puppet that'll fo anything for him.

Most of all, I hated that it was true. I knew that if I talked to him again, I'd forgive him of everything he said and I'd go right back to doing whatever he wanted. It was because I loved him.

It had been raining the past few days in LA which was incredibly weird. It was like the sky knew I was sad.

I ran out of work, holding my jacket over my head, hoping to shield myself from the downpour.

I got in my car and started driving home.

This had been the norm for the last week. Wake up, go to work, go home, mope around, and repeat. Bella had done so much to try and make me happy but I just couldn't seem to boost my mood.

"Why don't you just see what he has to say?" Bella asked, sitting down on the couch next to me.

"Why should I?" I asked, watching the romcom that was playing on the TV.

"Sophia. Do you see yourself? Everyday when you get home from work, you put on sweatpants and just watch RomCom's all night. We've postmatted food everynight for the past week." She said, laying it all down. "You gotta do something because this ain't it." She said, gesturing to my sloppy attire.

She was right, I was currently wearing a big tshirt and only underwear on underneath. I couldn't be bothered with pants. Also, all we had in fridge now were leftovers from postmates and beer.

"I'm sorry, okay?" I said, curling up in my blanket.

"No, sorrys not gonna cut it. You either need to find a new man or talk to Noah." She said.

"But I don't want a new man. I just want him, but hes a dick." I said, pouting.

"Maybe hes not. You've said some stupid stuff that you didn't mean before. Cut him some slack, let him explain himself." She said.

I groaned and pouted. The only person I wanted to see was Noah but he was also the person I never wanted to talk to again.

"I'll think about it." I said.

"Thank you." She said, pleased with herself.

After our movie, I decided I was going to go to bed. I cuddled up in my bed and just laid there. I stared at the ceiling, hoping everything would just magically fix it self if I laid there long enough.

After laying there for about 20 minutes, my phone started ringing. I turned over in my bed and saw his name. I checked the time and it was almost 1 am. He usually never called this late. Most of his 'call me' texts were sent midday. It seemed odd that he'd call so late.