ch. 16 | Shut up, Ramirez

-•-

-•-

"Red or white?" Noah called from the kitchen.

"White, please!" I called back.

I was sprawled on his couch, under a fuzzy blanket and we were watching some awful horror movie. Now, Noah was fetching me wine at 2 in the afternoon.

The doorbell rang and I crawled out of my nest on the couch. I grabbed my cash and opened the door to the pizza guy.

"Hi, I got a pepperoni for...Noah?" He asked, checking the reciept.

"Yep, thats me. I mean yeah." I stumbled, awkwardly.

He chuckled and handed me the pizza and I exchanged him with the money.

He thanked me and left. I turned around and closed the door with my foot.

Noah rounded the corner holding two glasses of wine.

"Ramirez, I was gonna pay for that." He said, rolling his eyes.

"You paid for breakfast, it was my turn." I said, taking the pizza to the living room.

He groaned and walked over to the couch with me.

We plopped down and opened up the box.

"Here ya go." Noah said, handing me my glass.

"Thank you, sir." I said, grabbing the glass and taking a sip.

"Anytime." He said, grabbing a slice and taking a big bite out of it.

Noah grabbed the remote and unpaused the awful movie.

"Noah, what is this? It's so bad." I said.

"It's It Follows, we've already talked about this." He said, mesmerized by the screen.

"This concept is so weird. Its basically a Demon STD."

"You're not wrong." He said. "But would you shut up, its about to get to the good part."

"Wow, rude." I said, sipping my wine, dramatically.

"My bad, would you please shut up?" He smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes. "I also don't understand how this movie has a good part." I laughed.

"Ramirez!" He yelled.

"Ok fine, I'll shut up."

After the movie, we delved into a deep talk. He asked me how my sister and parents were doing. I was curious about how his brothers wedding was, which I was invited to. We talked about our relationships that we've had in the last four years. Noah said he'd had a couple but they all flopped. I agreed and said the same.

I could've sworn he looked happy when I said I was single and had been for some time now.

"Whats that face for?" I asked.