ch. 1 | Saying 'Goodbye's'

—•—•—

—•—•—

The last two months of summer were a blur.

Noah and I had seen each other at least twice a week and I had even met his parents. He had come over to my house frequently after he met my father. After a couple extremely awkward dinners at my house, Noah had grown on my dad. My mom was instantly in love with him.

"He's so handsome, mija!" She gushed.
"I know, mama." I always blushed back.

My sister, Mariana, was also obsessed with him. It didn't help that Noah was always so sweet to her. One night, when he was picking me up for a date, he brought Mariana her favorite candy because she was mad I wasn't hanging out with her. After Noah gifted the big bag of sour patch kids to her, she was immediately pleased.

I met Noah's big brother and his fiancé who were a classy couple with very dirty jokes. Noah's brother, Jordan, and Andrea, were contantly making dick jokes at the dinner table and making sexual innuendos throughout conversation. I loved Jordan and Andrea, I decided.

Noah also had a little sister, Kristy. She was 12 but man, was she fiesty. She had to be one of the sassiest pre-teens I had ever met.

I absolutely adored Noah's mom. She treated all of her kids so well and raised them right. But she also knew how to have fun. When she first met me, she gave me a big hug.

"You didn't tell me she was this pretty, Noah!" She said, giving Noah a sarcastic glare.

Noah and I learned that we both enjoyed late night drives and talks. At least once a week, we'd drive to somewhere local that we had never been before. Backroads and highways along the ocean were our favorites.

Noah and I even found the perfect look out point for picnics, talks, and ... other things.

Taylor left for college about a week ago and me and the girls all threw a party for her. It was just the four of us, but getting tipsy and eating pizza along with watching, Sixteen Candles, was perfect for us. The next morning when we all woke up, we helped Taylor load her luggage into the car and we watched as her parents drove her to the airport. We all cried and hugged each other. The end of an era.

Rosie also left a few days later. We repeated the party for us, but it wasn't the same without all of us there.

And tomorrow morning, its my turn. I invited Violet and Noah over to watch movies and order pizza. Luckily, Violet really grew to like Noah. She had accepted him into our little group.

"Okay, We cannot watch Sixteen Candles again." Violet said, biting into a piece of pizza.

"Agreed." Noah said, stretching his fist across from me to pound Violet's.

I rolled my eyes. "It's a classic."

"True, but we need to watch something else." Violet insisted.