ch. 22 | Can't Sleep

-•-

-•-

Once Noah saw the reaction from the pictures I took of him, he decided that I should be his personal photographer.

I was fine with this, of course. We were able to spend even more time together now.

I put my sunglasses on as Noah drove back towards his house. We had just wrapped up a long day of press pictures for his new movies. Noah enlisted me to take pictures of him and his co stars to promote.

"Thanks for today." He smiled over at me, putting a hand on my thigh.

"Yeah, of course. It was fine." I said back.

I figured he'd take his hand away from my thigh but there it stayed. It was a subtle touch but it made my heart flutter all the same.

Noah pulled into his driveway where my car was from this morning. We hopped out of the car and I headed toward my car, expecting him wanting me to leave.

"Where you going, girl?" He asked, in a funny voice.

"I thought-"

"Nah, you're coming inside and we're ordering food." He waved me off, turning around.

"But-"

"No buts, Ramirez." He said, walking into his house.

I smiled to my self and ran after him to catch up.

When I walked inside, Noah was standing in front of the open fridge.

"Well, I've got pizza and waffles." He laughed.

"No, we're eating real food. We've had pizza every time I come over." I said, rolling my eyes. I walked toward his fridge and saw he had two frozen chicken breasts and a bunch of fresh vegetables.

"I'm making food." I announced, grabbing the food from the freezer and placing them on the counter.

"I don't know how to make those." He laughed, leaning on the counter.

"Thats alright because I do." I smirked. "Now get me a beer." I ordered.

He chuckled. "Yes, princess."

He said it facetiously but I missed when he actually meant that I was his princess. I miss when that was my name in his phone. I mentally sighed but contiued on cooking, trying not to let the comment get to me.

Noah popped the cap off of two beers and slid one towards me as he sipped one.

I turned the oven on and began cooking.

"So hows your sister?" He asked.

"She's good. Why?" I asked, confused on why he would care.

"I was just wondering." He shrugged. "I haven't seen her in years." He said.