ch. 23 | Bootycall

-•-

-•-

Noah's POV

I was woken from my sleep by my phone ringing.

I hesitated to just let it ring so I could go back to sleep but with the slight chance that it would be Sophia, I rolled over to check who was calling me so late.

Speak of the devil.

Noah:
Hello?

Sophia:
Hi, Noah

Noah:
Ramirez, its uh... 2 am, whats up?

I heard sniffling through the phone.

Noah:
Soph, whats up?

Sophia:
Can you come over? If you're not
in the mood, thats okay. I just miss
you

Noah:
A bootycall? So unlike you.

Sophia:
Shut up, will you just come?

I thought about it and sighed. I hated that I'd do anything for her.

Noah:
I'm on my way.

As I drove to her apartment, all I could wonder was why she sounded like she had been crying, yet she wanted me to come over to hook up.

I got out of my car and walked upstairs toward her place. I was so confused with what she wanted. A relationship or a hookup?

I knocked on her door lightly and she immediately answered. Her nose was red and her eyes looked glossy, sure sign of tears.

I rushed in and put my hands on her arms.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked, scared.

"Don't talk." She said, pulling my neck down and kissing me. It felt rushed and not full of love like all of our other kisses were. This one felt urgent.

I pulled back, not feeling right about it. "Yo, Soph. You've been crying, tell me what's wrong."

She shrugged and gave me a fake laugh. "I don't wanna talk about it, I just want you." She said, attempting to pull me back down.

"Ramirez." I insisted. "Lets just go to your room and talk, okay?" I asked.

She let out a deep sigh and walked toward her room with a pout.

I followed her, confused as hell. I had no idea why she was crying and why her first instinct was to call me to hook up.

If anyone hurt her, I swear to God, I wanted to kill them. I hated seeing Sophia cry and I didn't see it often. But when I did, all I wanted to do was hold her and make her happy again.

She plopped on her bed and crossed her legs, folding into herself.

I sat next to her on the bed. "Sophie." I said, hoping she'd tell me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She said, wiping her runny nose.

"You're not good at lying."

She rolled her eyes and hung her head.

"Baby, just tell me whats wrong." I insisted.

She scrunched her eyes up, like she might cry harder now. "God, don't call me that." She said, burying her face in her knees.

I was confused, to say the least. "What? Baby?" I asked.

She started crying more. "Why can't I call you that?" I asked, quietly.

"Because, I'm not your baby. I'll never be yours." She whispered.

"Who says?" I asked.

"Noah, we're just friends who have sex. We're not a realtionship." She sobbed. "Honestly, I'm just getting too comfortable with all the cuddling and forehead kisses and stuff." She said.

I only did these things to make her happy. Finding out that they were actually hurting her, crushed me.

"Soph, I never meant to do those things to hurt you." I whispered. "I did that to make you happy." I said. "And to show you I care about you."

I wanted to tell her that I did those things to show her I loved her but I know she doesnt feel the same way.

She wiped her wet face. "Its just kinda hard." She laughed, dryly. "I don't think we can spend nights together anymore or stuff like that. Stricktly friend stuff and sex." She said.

I let out a sigh. That isn't what I wanted. I wanted the cute stuff, I wanted the label of her to be mine. But if this is what she wanted, then I guess thats what I'll do.

"Yeah, of course." I whispered. "No cute stuff." I sighed.

She let out a breath. "Okay, cool." She smiled up at me.

There was a pause in the room. I could tell that both of us were upset by our deal but neither of us said anything.

"So can we have sex now?" She asked, a smile forming on her face.

I laughed and rubbed my chin. "Really?" I asked, doubtfully.

"Yea, I wanna make the trip out here worth your while." She winked, moving closer to me.

She was so breathtaking. Everything about her made me drop to my knees. But I didn't want sex. Not as much as I just wanted her full attention at all times. All I wanted was to listen to her bad day at work or the nightmare she had. Even, why she insisted I come over for sex when really, she was crying her eyes out. I wanted to tell her that I didn't need sex for me to 'make the trip'. All I wanted was for her to be mine and I wanted to be hers.

"Nah, its okay." I said, giving her a smile.

"Okay." She said, with a small smile and wiping her wet face. "Well, I'm sorry I made you come all the way out here." She said, crossing her arms.

"Don't worry about it." I said, standing up and putting my hands in my pockets. "I'd do anything for you, Ramirez."

How many times did I have to tell this girl that I would do anything for her to actually believe me? I didn't care, though. I'll say it now and I'll say it until forever if I get the chance.

awww im cryin in the club
hope you guys liked seeing noahs pov :)
ily all and thank you so much for reading!!!