ch. 26 | Don't

-•-

-•-

I let her sleep.

I know she said no sleep overs but I let her sleep. She had already passed by the time I had gone to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

So, I draped the covers over both of us and I held her.

Tonight was so different than other time. I could tell she felt it too.

We've havent kissed like that since I was 18. Slow and lovingly. We sure as hell have never had that passionate sex before either.

God, she was so beautiful. I couldn't get over it. The way her hair draped along her shoulders and her plump lips were in a small smile as she slept. Everything about her was perfection.

The next morning, I woke up early before her. I quietly got out of bed, careful not to distrub Sophia, and put on a pair of sweatpants.

I trudged downstairs and saw that all of the pancake mix was still out.

I groaned out loud. There was powder everywhere but it actually ended up making me smile.

After many attempts and fails at making a few perfect pancakes, I actually succeeded. Soph was gonna be so proud of me that I actually was able to cook without her.

I put a couple of pancakes on a plate for her, followed by fresh fruit that I had in my fridge.

I looked at the tray. It needed one more thing. I raced toward the vase of flowers that I had in my kitchen and picked the prettiest one to put on her tray.

"Perfect." I said, out loud as I picked up the tray and went upstairs.

I knocked on the door and opened it.

Sophia started turning in her sleep from the noise.

"Good morning, beautiful." I said, quietly.

She laughed and rubbed her tired eyes. She looked over at me and smiled, sitting up.

"Is that for me?" She asked, excitedly.

"Yea, I thought I'd give cooking a try." I laughed.

"You made these?" She asked, in disbelief.

I nodded and put the tray on her lap.

"Noah, these look so good." She said. "Thank you, so much." She said, touching my arm.

I laughed and scratched the back of my head. "Well you haven't tasted them yet, don't go praising me now."

She rolled her eyes and cut a piece of a pancake and plopped it in her mouth. She started chewing and her eyes went wide.

"These are amazing. Thank you, Noah." She said, swallowing the food.

"Of course." I said, quietly.