Chapter 26: Konan

Konan's Pov

When Konan has first met Sakura, she had been so happy. Mostly because the Akatsuki had never had another female around. Maybe the occasional concubine, but no one that ever stayed around.

Konan had found that she quite liked spending her time with Sakura. The younger woman had taste when it came to fashion. Even when she'd come into the living room one morning, wearing nothing but Itachi's over sized t-shirt. She made it look good as much as Konan hated to admit it.

She had to practically drag the poor girl out of bed, apparently, she and Itachi were very busy the previous night. She would just ask her for details later.
When they had finally made their way into town, she let Sakura pick the shop. It was a weapons shop, not that Konan minded, she needed more shuriken anyway.

They went to an exclusive dress store next, and as Konan winded her eway through the racks she idly thought about what Pein would think if he saw her in one of them.

Konan sighed as she held the fabric of a darkish blue sundress in her hands, she rubbed the soft silk-like material between her forefinger and thumb. Her eyes felt heavy and she felt the intense need to cry then, like always when she thought about it.

She sniffed and wiped at her eyes.

"Konan-Chan?" Someone touched her shoulder, and she immediately turned the other way, never wanting to seem inferior.

"Are you okay?" Sakura asked quietly.
Those words were her undoing. She let out a choked sob and turned away. She felt the other girl guide her out of the shop, and out the door. All the while tears streamed down her face like a waterfall.

Oh Pein...

The thought of her dieing love made her even sadder.

Konan didn't know when they got there, but soon she was seated at an almost abandoned tea shop. A curtain hiding both of them.

"Konan-Chan, will you tell me what's wrong?" Konan merely held up her hand. Sakura inspected it for a long while, but upon finding nothing she shrugged.

"Are you hurt? I can heal whatever it is." Sakura said grabbing the older woman's hand gently.
Konan laughed lightly and wiped at her eyes again.

"You can't heal what's wrong with me, I'm sorry Sakura." She gently removed her hand from teh other girl's hold and pointed at her ring finger, showing off the tan line around where a wedding-band should be.

Sakura gasped lightly, covering her mouth. "Did something happen between you and Leader-Sama?" She asked pensively.

"No, see that's the thing. He thinks that we are fine, but for the past three days, I haven't worn my wedding ring, and he hasn't noticed. He leaves the room before I can even say 'good morning' to him." Konan took a deep breath, preparing to continue talking.

"He hasn't touched me in what seems like forever. He's always too busy for me. I know that probably sounds snotty, but I miss my husband! I miss when he would hold me, and tell me that he loved me every twenty minuets!" She continued to cry and explain the Sakura all the things that never happened anymore.

"He probably thinks that marrying me was a waste. You should've seen us when we were younger, just starting out the Akatsuki, we couldn't keep our hands off of each other. He did things so spontaneously, and randomly. He'd always whisper in my ear sweet nothings until we both fell asleep in front of the fire." Konan paused as their tea was placed on the table, and quietly began again.

"I will always love him, that will never change."

Sakura watched as this woman fell apart in front of her, and she felt her heart clench at the thought. How would she feel if that happened between her and Itachi? She would want to feel that passion again, that burning love.