Chapter 1 Cold Winters Day

Sakura's Pov:
Sakura sat on the bridge the streets of Konoha silent on the day where everyone was inside drinking hot chocolate, and opening presents, and being with... family...

The pink haired girl looked up at the snowy sky her overly large sweater her only sense of warmth, she had not sensed the three slow approaching males that were on there way to the Hokage to report their just finished mission on Christmas.

Itachi' Pov:
He had just gotten home from the too long mission that he wouldn't have accepted had he known it would have cut into Christmas. He looked over at his two teammates, blank, no emotion whatsoever displayed on their stone cold faces, he was supposed to be like that, he knew that too.

He didn't want to face reality though he wished that he could just shove it into the back of his head until he had no choice except to bring it back out and with his profession that would be basically every day.

Something ahead caught his attention a pink blotch with a baggy sweater sat on the bridge rail swing her legs back and forth as if it weren't the middle of winter and she was only wearing a sweater and what appeared to be spandex shorts underneath barely poking out.

Had she seen them coming he was sure that she would have ran away, to his pleasure she glanced their way and graced them with a beautiful and contagious smile, that for some reason caused some tiny fire to itch its way from the bottom of his stomach and slowly started to crawl up, at first he thought that something was wrong with him, like he might be sick, he pushed that aside he hadn't felt any symptoms until just a few minutes ago, so he couldn't be sick.

Instead of doing nothing as the girl continued to smile at them, he smiled back a genuine smile that he thought had been lost in the realm of darkness that he was so sure he had become, but he was wrong and so he carefully and quietly told the teammates, that he didn't bother to get to know, to go on to the Hokage without him. He wanted to see why a girl who looked no more than nine years old was out alone on Christmas, in nothing but a sweater and spandex shorts.

Sakura's Pov:
I looked at the three males who were nearing me if they reported her to the Hokage she wouldn't protest in fact she silently be thanking them, anywhere was better than the beat up old building that she lived in, or the ally.

She watched as the shorter of the three, the one who had graced her, an outcast, with a stunning smile, a nice, happy smile, tell the other two something as they quickly ascended to the rooftops.

Reporting to the Hokage she thought.

The one who had been left came closer to her, closer than anyone really had in a long time, he stopped not even a foot away from her his coal eyes softening as they landed on her form, she tilted her head in curiosity, what could this boy possibly want from her? She had nothing, no money, no special quality, no family... nothing, she was nothing.

She downcast her gaze, not wanting to think about the family she no longer had.

"Hello..." the boy said, her head snapped up in surprise, was he talking to her? She was trash, he was obviously rich just by the way his clothes looked and if his clothes didn't do it, his looks would get him somewhere. She then blushed at her thoughts, who was she kidding she was trash she probably didn't even have the right to look at him. She decided that she should respond.

"Hello." She said meekly she was disappointed in herself for sounding so weak, she wished it would have come out differently, but to her dissatisfaction, it didn't.

"I'm Itachi." He said giving her that smile again. She felt her insides churn at the sight, 'Damn it!' She silently cursed his smile.

"I am Sakura." She didn't think it right to give a last name when she didn't deserve to have it anymore.
And so the boy that she didn't know vaulted himself right onto the rail and sat next to her.

He looked down at her gave her that same smile, and her insides went gooey, and that attracted the attention to his lips, which looked too good to be true, they looked really nice, and so there she and Itachi sat with the snow slowly falling in them continued to stare at each other, neither wanting to look away.
—————————————————-

Hey, lovesnaruto7 here! Wattpad is pretty cool anyway let me know what you think.