Chapter 24: Deidara

Deidara's Pov
Akatsuki Base
Land of Steam

"Ha! Ha ha ha! Haha ha! Ha Danna! That's what you get! Usually, it's me who gets beat up, but now! The tables have been turned! Suck it! Woo! Art is a bang!"

Deidara had been ranting to the basically handicapped Sasori for about two hours now, and the red-headed puppeteer was about at the end of his rope.

Deidara quickly made a clay bird and brought it up to his eye level.

"Oh little birdie, will you please tell Danna that he sucks, oh so super hard and that so does eternal art?" He let the bird fly towards Sasori it barely landed on the bed before Sasori kicked it away.

"Aww. Is Danna mad?" Deidara asked, enjoying himself entirely too much.

Sasori was seething at this point.

"No, Deidara," he said his name with venom. "Danna is not 'mad' Danna, is pissed off!" He screamed at the blonde haired artist.

"Oh my god! Will you gay ass motherfuckers shut up?!" Hidan stepped through the threshold of Sasori's room, screaming at the two of them.

Hidan rolled his eyes at them, his scythe swung over his shoulder lazily. Walking in he regarded Sasori, who'd been put on bed rest after regaining his human body of course- by Sakura, deeming his body unfit after so many years of not being used.

"Hidan shit up! I'm trying to count you idiot!" Then in came Kakazu, his own robe disregarded accordingly the second he got back to base.

"You wanna make me, ya stingy asshole?!" He screamed.

Next was Konan.

"What is going on in here?!" She demanded as she too walked into the room.

"Oh for the love of Kami-Sama! It's just turning into a fucking party isn't it?!" Sasori threw the blankets over his head in a fit of anger.

The second he was better, Deidara knew that Danna was gonna kill Hidan.

Laughing he left the redhead to bask in the glorious amount of annoyance that he'd left him with.

Walking down the corridor aimlessly for five minutes, Deidara found himself heading in the direction of the kitchen. Attracted by the most delicious smell ever.

If he had to guess, he'd say that whoever was cooking was making Miso Soup.

Sure enough, when he got there, the cause of Danna's pain was standing there, Itachi's arms wrapped securely around her from behind. She was stirring the soup so it wouldn't burn.

She was wearing an apron decorated with an assortment of flowers, ranging from any and every color you could think of. If he was being honest the colorful arrangement made him cringe. It was too bright for his taste.

Strolling into the kitchen Deidara spoke, "Smells good yeah." He leisurely leaned against the counter, watching as Sakura nodded and Itachi death glared him. He must've interrupted something? He couldn't help but smirk at the thought. Anything to ruin the Uchihas' day.

"Thank you Deidara-San, I've been practicing to get better actually." She spoke to him kindly, that was a new one.

"Practicing what, yeah?" He was confused, but maybe that's because he was only half-assly paying attention.

She giggled at his confusion, opting to look at him over her shoulder. "Cooking." She gave him a smug smile.

"Oh.." he didn't know what to say. In the short time that she'd been here Deidara had only spoken to her once. That had been when he first met her though, so that didn't really count in his opinion.