Chapter 14 A Broken Heart

Itachi's Pov:

The wind blew his hair slightly out of his eyes as he stared at the literal massacre before him.

So much Pain...

So much Death...

So much Blood...

He screamed, but there would be no one to help him, he knew that. Yet he continued to scream at the horror he had created. His heart beating a mile a minute, he stared at the body's of his relatives, spread out around him, he had just killed his own father, only after he had told him, that he would always love him, and that he would always be proud of him.

He didn't have the heart to kill his mother, he just couldn't do it. So he put her in a high level genjutsu, in her bed still, she would be unable to hear the screams, weather they came from her distant relatives, or ones as close to her as her son.

And then his worst fear became a reality.

Sasuke, sweet, innocent Sasuke walked into the compound, and much like his older brother screamed at the horror around him.

"Kaa-San! Otou-San!" Sasuke screamed.

Running into the main compound in which his family and Sakura lived, he needed to know that they were alive. Upon seeing his father's limp body on the floor, his mother no where to be found. Sasuke fell to his knees, crying and sobbing loudly. Then seeing his older brother in the background Sasuke reached out to him.

"N-Nii-San, w-what h-happened?" Sasuke asked shakily.

Itachi took a deep breath to calm his rising nerves.

"Reality happened Sasuke..." Itachi said softer than he meant to.

"The Uchiha Clan would have of killed the rest of the village, I did what I had to." He said, quietly.

"I-i don't understand! W-why did you kill them?!" He screamed at the boy who was no longer his elder brother.

Children don't understand, he won't understand until he is faced with a decision such as mine. Itachi thought sadly.

"I'm sorry Sasuke...I really am," He approached the shaking boy. Kneeling next to him, he spoke words that he silently hoped would keep his brother from hating him, even though he knew it was in vain.

"Sasuke, I will always love you...Please try to understand that this is for the greater good of the world, for your future. I won't have my little brother live in a world where he would be close to death every chance the clan would get."

"Please Sasuke for the good of the village, and for your own good, don't be like me. And Sasuke..." He said tears evident in his eyes.

The little boy turned his head up to his once beloved Nii-San.

"I will always love you..."

Those were his parting words to his beloved little brother...

A loud thump resounded through the compound as Sasuke's now unconscious body hit the floor.

Now, it's time to say goodbye, to her... Itachi's thoughts wandered to the pink haired angel who had brought a little peace to his life, she was up in his room. He had told her to wait there until he came and got her.

So, for one last time, Itachi climbed the stairs of his childhood home. His heart growing heavier with each step.

The thirteen-year-old stopped outside his door, only to hear small sobs come from the other side.