3.2; too many moons on my ceiling

y'all prepare for lutteo childhood friends

day 2 - "you've locked yourself outside of your apartment (house) and there's a storm (rain) rolling in and I pity you so I'll let you into mine"

~~~~~

too many moons on my ceiling

Luna has always liked the Balsanos, they were such a nice people, always ready to help with something when her parents needed anything; even with mundane things like a glass of sugar her mother ran out of, and the stores were already closed. They are still amazing, and nice, and they always smile at her when they see each other on the street, but there is one thing Luna doesn't like about this nice married couple in the age of her parents.

Their son.

Matteo is this boy next door, but he is all-kinds-of-bad boy next door, who has always been just pulling her hair and cursing his parents' cat when she wanted to play with the kitty, he was always running around too quickly, ruining the flowers in her tiny garden her mom let her have. Not once he stole her ice cream or pushed her too high on the swing. In primary school he was taking her crayons and again pulling her hair. In general he had never been one of her favorite people when she was a kid.

In high school his priorities kinda changed from making her life worse and annoying her, when he became popular guy he actually forgot about her existence and boy, oh boy, was Luna happy of that. She finally got her small garden better and stopped wearing her hair in a ponytail, she just started to have normal life and peaceful days.

Then he got himself a girlfriend and has been forgetting to shut blinds of his room often, very often which was all kinds of awkward and ridiculous, and Luna ended up asking her parents for her own blinds so she didn't need to see this disgusting stuff, which helped her sanity so, so much.

Ambar was perfect girlfriend for him - always looking perfectly, never smiling, torturing people whenever she could and pulling everyone down was her favorite thing to do. Luna has never been that visible for Ambar, and maybe it's better, because damn the girl was psycho. Psycho about herself, and psycho jealous, which wasn't the comfiest for Matteo, who never liked being in leash and despite handling this girl for almost entire high school, he broke up with her dramatically during the prom and left with his hands in his pockets, not looking back.

Luna wasn't there to see it, but Simon was and even got her a video, because she likes gossip no matter what and believe me, this was the closest she'd seen Ambar Smith to actually murdering someone.

These days Matteo Balsano is calmer, his parents got him a cat on his birthday which made him a soft boy for his kitty and Luna can definitely see this how he walks around with the grey cat and gives her kisses. This is kinda cute and definitely changing her image of him, but to her he still is either acting as she is invisible or is teasingly rude, and Luna likes neither of those.

Not to mention that when they both grow up, Luna's parents and the Balsanos got even friendlier and despite small wealth differences they like to hang out together during the weekends outside the city. Just like this week and this time Luna stayed home because of the finals, while Matteo is alone babysitting cats, and he hasn't been going with his parents on those trips since he he started high school, so no drama.

~~~~~

Luna, hating that this is her way to spend the weekend home alone, keeps studying for maybe third hour in a row. She really has to get a decent grade here, physics is a bitch, but it needs to be passed like all the classes, and Luna better does it quickly, cause her TV show is back at six and it's a must in her Saturdays.

The thing she isn't expecting in that very moment is someone ringing the doorbell and the fact that she has no power to get up, until the person gets very, very impatient.