1.7; when wine untangles tongues and intertwines fingers

DAY 7: "We accidentally drank all of the wine and now we're slow dancing to the sound of the television."

WHEN WINE UNTANGLES TONGUES AND INTERTWINES FINGERS

Luna storms into Matteo's dorm closing the door behind her loudly.

"I can't believe Nina just left our room locked and didn't tell me anything about it!" With every word she goes closer to Matteo, who is sitting on the couch. "Now when I want to crawl under my bed and hate everyone you know what she texts me? 'Go to Matteo's', they are impossible! Do you..." She stops herself when she actually sees the person she's talking to.

The only present owner of this room hasn't even shot her single look since she came here. He straightened up his legs, crossing it under this little coffee table. His arms are crossed too, in right hand he holds a glass. Matteo is twisting it a little, making the liquid inside the glass move. TV noises are forgotten somewhere in the background.

"What happened?" Luna asks as soon as she catches herself on staring at him.

"Do I look like something happened?" He raises one eyebrow, still not moving his brown eyes at her.

"Kind of?" She sits next to him, facing his person.

"You remember when you started dating Simón, right?" He takes one sip from the glass, his voice as bitter as his face. She nods.

"Yeah. You got back with Ambar back then." Luna couldn't stop herself from mentioning the blonde girl. He puts the glass down on the table

"I broke up with her."

Three minutes of silence

"Woah... Does it, does it hurt?" Luna wants to put her hand on his shoulder, but she isn't really sure if it's a good idea.

"No. Maybe it should, but no. It doesn't." He takes this stupid glass again and he finally looks at her. "Why do you want to crawl under your bed and hate everyone?"

Her hopes about him not asking her about this are dead now.

"I broke up with Simón."

Silence that falls over them is heavier than their feelings now.

"You really dropped the bomb here." Matteo opens his mouth after a few minutes.

He gets up and goes to some cupboard, taking the same glass as his from it. Then she feels its cold surface in her hand as Matteo is pouring dark liquid into it. "I don't know how it will be with your heart and your brain, but your soul will thank you for it."

"What's that?" Matteo sighs, taking the glass from between her fingers and drinks a sip.

"It's safe, you see? Try it."

So she does.

"It's horrible."

It's bitter. And warm.

But helps a little.

"It's alcohol, Luna." He snorts, little smile appears on his face.

"When you say it, it sounds like it was something wrong."

"I don't know, maybe. Still, Gastón bought this wine for his date with Nina a few weeks ago and it can't be wasted. It soothes my soul too well."

"How much of it do you have?" This time he laughs.

"Two or three bottles, with this one."

/

They had three.