2.3; what if I like you?

DAY 3: "My friend bet me 20 bucks that I wouldn't walk up to a random underclassman and ask them to senior prom and I'm about to be 20 dollars richer and, no, that doesn't invalidate the question, you're actually really cute"

What if I like you?

Luna usually tries to study before the test. Like earlier than fifteen minutes before. She's pretty fucked, but let's be real, has any of you guys never forgotten about quiz? Luna did this for the first time and she's lucky she has all the notes. There's not much material to remember, yet studying while panicking isn't any help in revision. At least there's that it's lunch break, she can ignore Jim and Yam, sitting by the table with them and Nina, so this might actually work and let Luna pass this shit.

She's by the second topic already, feeling really successful when someone taps her arm softly.

"Whoever you are, go away, please," Luna murmurs not taking her eyes off her notebook. There's something wrong, because she's not able to hear any sound, any noise around her and Nina kicks her ankle under the table. Luna sighs leaving her notebook as she turns her head back and chokes.

This is very typical reaction when you turn around just to see very confident and very smug Matteo Balsano.

Matteo Balsano is one of those guys you can see in high school movies. He is smart, actually extra smart and rich, since his parents are diplomats. He is popular of course and those things above are definitely helping, yes, but the reason Balsano is that wanted in their high school is the fact it's impossible to dislike him. He always wears this smirk on his pretty face. He's a gentleman, never saying a bad word about anyone (well, maybe only about his best friend Gastón, but details). It's also unfair that to all those above you have to add he's impossibly hot. Really unfair.

Yet now, at this very moment his look is even soft and Luna isn't sure why; they talked maybe few times. First day she entered Blake South College she bumped into his chest. Matteo smiled making fun of her a little, but it was obvious that only jokingly. He helped her with picking her books up and walked to the class she was supposed to have chemistry.

The rest of the times she met him was at Benson's mansion since the Sol drama happened and Ámbar was making some effort to help Luna with dealing with Sharon's shit.

Valente was pretty grateful for that even if young, attractive Balsano boy was there too from time to time.

And now he is here just for her, the whole cafeteria gasped few seconds ago, because he's talking to her, smiling at her and that's a surprise.

"Matteo," she mumbles. "Hi."

"Am I interrupting you much?" he asks with those sparkling eyes and Luna feels her kidneys swap places.

"No-" as she says that all girls by her table snort. "Can I help you with something?"

Matteo grins and Luna is shocked much, she's never seen this face of his.

"Actually yes, I wanted to take a minute from you. Or maybe two, if you're willing to let me, of course."

Luna swallows hard and jumps if her seat. "Yes," she exclaims definitely too loud. Her eyes run around the cafeteria quickly. "But does it have to be here? Everyone is staring."

The Balsano boy looks around before chuckling softly. "Yeah, let's go." He turns to the girls. "I will walk Luna to the class, so don't worry about her." Nina and Jim give him unsure smiles.

"We will still worry, no matter where you walk her." Yam says as she bites into her burger.

Matteo laughs with small nod and after Luna packs her bag he places his hand on her waist guiding her to the exit. She feels his fingers are cold through her tshirt, but she surprisingly doesn't mind letting him pull her out of everyone's reach.