2.6; what if I want it all?

DAY 6: "You're offering to give me a kiss if I buy your shitty fundraiser popcorn? Well, in that case..."

What if I want it all?

Matteo doesn't feel really close to his uni especially since he graduated, but sometimes those not cool people he had many occasions to meet have nice ideas. Like fundraising during uni events or sport days. Now he attends them all as well, because, well, it means no classes and despite his position he likes no classes. So except those extra people who do everything to show off their pretty/ugly faces or get some contacts in uni to pass easily, there are also those who actually care about getting money for some reason.

After he graduated he remembers they were fundraising for some orphanage, the other time for the hospital. There was something about the closest kindergarten, but Matteo doesn't really remember what. Today there is this sports day; he will see all those ambitious students running around and competing like he used to, before he got bored with that.

He is completely sure he's gonna die of boredom, but fundraising people gonna have it worse; they've always been poor unfortunate souls almost sleeping by their tents and those booths looking more miserable than kids selling lemonade in the States. Matteo looks the alarm on his phone screen shutting the snooze for third time with a sigh and turns in the sheets. Lyra meows at him probably complaining about this devilish device that wakes her up again. Good she's too lazy to actually move the phone on his bed until it falls down and the screen breaks (happened once or twice; he's never been mad for long).

"Just go to sleep, cat," he mumbles and she hits him with her tail, completely offended by the name Ambar has been using since day one. "Okay, I'm sorry. Don't hit me, I love you."

The only reply from her is satisfied meow and her head rubbing under his chin.

He is going to be super late at uni, but also he will be super late at home in the afternoon, so snuggles with his girl are worth being late. When it's half past seven he gives up; he needs to wake up and the only thought in Matteo's head is deep regret of promising the professor he would be there for sure.

It's not his favorite thing to do. Not even top ten.

Then this sudden idea hits him. What if Luna is gonna be there too?

They are nothing though. They haven't started texting, calling each other or even talking about something else than class stuff. He can say he's been pretty disappointed with this, but she's been very good at acting the most casual.

It's not like Matteo Balsano isn't able to keep his chill for a girl, but there is something in her he can't forget. How warm she was in his arms, how her breath tickled his skin, how her forehead felt under his lips. He accepted that; it's not like anything would happen between them, or at least not now. Matteo gets lost in those thought and the next place he finds himself is by the door with his jacket and car keys in his hand. Before leaving he yells to Lyra that he loves her much and closes the apartment.

~~~~~

As soon as he takes first step into the campus he wants to take step back and run to his car. There is at least this luck of his that no one will bump into him even by accident since by some magic Matteo is really known at his faculty. No one would like to have a problem with nim and he is not sure if it is because of the fact they remember him from earlier or they just know who he is at this point.

He needs to find the professor right now to show him that his ass appeared here just like he promised. Matteo hopes he can just talk to the guy and go to Gastón's to chill. Or maybe he should invite Gastón over?

~~~~~

Plot twist: professor told Matteo to check all places and make sure all students are handling their shit correctly and smiled saying he's been doing great. Matteo almost cried in horror, but he needs to do that. It's just that he really doesn't feel like smiling to everyone and being nice; he just wants to sleep and not remember about two tons of grading on his desk.