26

Eliza's P. O. V.

"You're home early," my dad said as I stumbled through the door, trying to act normal.

"I felt sick so Zach brought me home."

"Are you okay? Do you have a fever?"

"I don't know, but I threw up twice. I think it might be been something I ate."

"Should you go to school tomorrow?"

"I don't know. I'll see how I feel in the morning, but I'm going to bed so goodnight. I love you."

"Sweet dreams sweetheart. I love you too." I walked back to my room.

"Something you ate hm?" Jonah asked, coming into my room.

"Shit Jonah, you scared me." I glared.

"I can't believe Zach let you get drunk again."

"No, it wasn't his fault."

"How? Wasn't he with you the whole time?"

"No, there were a ton of people who recognized him and we got separated. I got mad and drank and he had to carry me out because I passed out. But please don't tell dad."

"I won't. Let me get you some medicine."

"Thank you. I'm gonna take a shower."

I quickly took a shower and changed into shorts and a tshirt. I brushed my teeth and got into bed.

"Here," Jonah came in with a couple pills and a glass of water.

"Thank you." I took them from him.

"So is Zach coming tomorrow?"

"Probably. You don't mind, do you?"

"No, it's fine."

"Okay. Thanks Jonah."

"Mhm. Now go to sleep."

"Okay." He kissed my forehead before going to his room, closing my door behind him.

I texted Zach letting him know I'd stay home and he could come over whenever my dad left. He responded quickly and then I went to sleep.

***

"She's still asleep, but you can go in there," I faintly heard Jonah's voice from in the hall. My door slowly creaked open and a few seconds later my bed dipped.

I rolled over and saw Zach getting into bed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," he whispered.

"It's okay." I smiled. He got under the covers and pulled me into his chest.

"You're so warm," he said, snuggling into me. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around him.

"Are you excited to go back to L. A.?"

"Yeah, but I wanna focus on you."

"Zach, you don't have to say that because of last night."

"It's not because of last night. I wanna spend time with you, too. I'm gonna miss you so much." He kissed my neck.

"I'm gonna miss you too."

I ran my fingers through the ends of his hair and he traced his fingers on my back. Soon, we were both asleep.

***

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Zach still in my arms. I carefully slipped out of his grip and went to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth before going back out into my room.