09

eliza's pov

"you ready?" oli asked.

"i'm really nervous," i said.

"don't be, you're gonna do amazing."

"thanks." we left my dorm and headed towards the concert hall where the auditorium was.

"wait, someone's meeting me outside, can you wait with me?" oli asked.

"yeah sure." we went and sat on a bench outside.

"who's coming?"

"just a friend of mine," he said.

"okay."

a few minutes later oli stood up. i stood up and looked towards the road and saw peter and august walking up.

"why is peter here?" i asked.

"august invited him. he didn't know about the kiss and i didn't know if you wanted me to tell him or not. you don't have to talk to him or anything."

"okay." i sighed. august walked up and kissed oli, then came and gave me a hug.

"i'm so excited for the show," he said.

"me too." i smiled. i looked at peter and he just waved. i waved back then we headed inside.

"liza," peter said. i slowed down to let august and oli walk in front. "i'm really sorry about what happened. but i hope you're not upset that i'm here."

"no, of course not." you chuckled.

"good. i didn't wanna tell august what happened, i didn't know if oli knew."

"he does. but it's fine."

we got inside and went backstage, august and oli taking peter to where he could sit while i went to the green room.

a couple of the girls helped me get my hair and makeup ready, then i got dressed. i helped the rest of the girls get ready and then we all met up to talk and pray before going on stage.

oli gave a little speech and so did mrs. brown. we prayed and soon everyone was set up on stage for the attack on china. after the scene was over, the crew members changed the set and i was on.

i sat on the bed and picked up my paint brush and pretended to paint on my arm as the curtains opened.

***

after we finished the show, everyone in the audience stood up and cheered. the cast and i ran on stage and bowed. they continued cheering as the curtains closed. everyone went around and hugged each other, congratulating everyone on the success. i found oli and hugged him.

"you did so good!" he said.

"thank you." i smiled. august came up and congratulated me too.

i went backstage and went out to the auditorium. kids that had come to see the musical were waiting to take pictures with me and elliot.

we stood together in front of the stage and talked to the kids, taking pictures with them.

once all the kids had left, i spotted peter. he came up to me with a small bouquet of flowers in his hand.