23

Eliza's P. O. V.

"I just don't see how a world that makes such wonderful things...could be bad," I spoke. I was on stage in my tail, sitting on a styrofoam rock. I looked over at Flounder before I sang.

"Look at this stuff
Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has everything?
Look at this trove
Treasures untold
How many wonders can one cavern hold?
Looking around here you'd think
Sure, she's got everything

I've got gadgets and gizmos aplenty
I've got whozits and whatzits galore
You want thingamabobs?
I got twenty
But who cares?
No big deal
I want more

I want to be where the people are
I want to see
want to see 'em dancin'
Walkin' around on those
Whad'ya call 'em? oh - feet
Flippin' your fins you don't get too far
Legs are required for jumpin', dancin'
Strollin' along down a
What's that word again? street

Up where they walk
Up where they run
Up where they stay all day in the sun
Wanderin' free
Wish I could be
Part of that world

What would I give
If I could live
Outta these waters?
What would I pay
To spend a day
Warm on the sand?
Betcha on land
They understand
Bet they don't reprimand their daughters
Bright young women
Sick o' swimmin'
Ready to stand

And ready to know what the people know
Ask 'em my questions
And get some answers
What's a fire and why does it
What's the word? burn?

When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I love
Love to explore that shore above?
Out of the sea
Wish I could be
Part of that world."

The audience erupted in applause and Flounder and I froze until they calmed down. Then we continue our scene.

***

The lights went down and I rushed off the stage. The crew changed the sets for the wedding scene while Christina ran with me to help me get into the dress.

We went along with the scene and then I kissed Harry, the freshman who played Eric. I waved from the makeshift boat down to the merpeople in the "water."

The lights turned off and we all ran off stage. Then we came onto the stage and bowed for the crowd. They all hollered and whistled and clapped for us.

I smiled, seeing Zach and the guys sitting in the second row. They were standing up and screaming for me. I waved and blew a kiss to Zach.

After everyone bowed, I went to the dressing room with Christina and London. They helped me out of my dress and I put on my sweatpants and long sleeve shirt. I slipped my slides on and packed up all my stuff.

"This show went so much smoother than the first one," Christina said.

"Yeah, I guess people were just super nervous," London said.

"I guess. I'm just glad we don't have school tomorrow. This week has been so stressful, I need a break," I told her. After I threw my hair into a ponytail, I walked out to the auditorium.

I spotted my dad and the guys so I went over to them. I hugged my dad and Jonah then Zach.

"Good job!" He said.

"Thanks," I said, my face in his neck. I pulled back and pecked his lips. I hugged the others, thanking them for coming.

"Wanna go out for hot chocolate?" My dad asked after Christina walked up and hugged us all. I looked at Zach and smiled.

"Yes please."

"We made plans before this, so we'll see y'all soon," Corbyn said. He left with Christina and her family.

"Okay, let's go."

We went to the parking lot and got in our separate cars. Zach, Jonah, dad, and I in one and Jack and Daniel in Jack's car.

We drove to the closest cafe and got a big table. We ordered our hot chocolate and drank them while talking.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked Zach. He had his arm around me, rubbing my shoulder.

"I have to babysit Reese and Ryan because my parents are going to a friends party right after work." He scrunched his nose.

"Oh."

"You could still come over."

"Yeah, Reese does love me." We laughed.

"Just come over whenever."

"Okay."

I leaned my head on Zach and he kissed my forehead.

"I love you," he whispered. I looked up at him and kissed his cheek.

"I love you too," I whispered before kissing his cheek again.

"Grooooosssss," Jack said from across the table. He was recording the table on his phone, and landed on us. I blushed and hid my face in Zach's neck.

After we finished, we all drove home.

I took off all my makeup, then got in the shower. Afterwards I towel dried my hair, then got into bed. I heard Sawyer scratching on my door, so I got up and let him in. He jumped up on my bed and when I lay down, he cuddled up into my side.

I wrapped my arms around him and pet his soft fur. Soon we fell asleep under the warm blanket.

*****

A/n
short chapter sorry :/