ᴀ ɪs ғᴏʀ ᴀɴᴏɴʏᴍᴏᴜs

I tapped my foot nervously at our table at the Grille as I thought back to the Funeral, I wondered if he had planned on staying in town. 

"Can you stop that? You're shaking the table." Hanna asked causing me to snap out of my thoughts.

"I'm going to go get some air." I mumbled before quickly getting up and walking outside. I saw across the street Jason sitting on a bench as he looked down at his hands.

I made the mistake of walking over, I was always a sucker for him.

"Hey." I mumbled causing him to glance up in shock. He didn't think she'd want to talk to him.

"I almost didn't recognize you without the nose ring." He said with a friendly smile.

"I know today was hard, I just wanted to check on you." I admitted as I took the seat beside him.

"I'm alright. I went to a rehab near my school, I'm over at Brown in Providence." He said and I nodded as I leaned back.

"Wow, Ivy league boy." I said and he just laughed.

"Why didn't you pick up my calls after I left. Once I was sober, you were the first person I wanted to see." He said and my eyes went wide as I interlocked my hands nervously.

"I didn't have anything to say."

"Well, I have tons. Can I take you out, so we can catch up before I leave?" He asked and I shook my head.

"My friends are waiting for me inside. I have school, and then I volunteer at the hospital, then I have to study." I said making just about every excuse I could think of.

"Volunteering? Studying? Next, you're going to say you joined a school sports team." He said and I just looked down to the ground.

"No, Wilks don't tell me are you joined a school functioned activity." He said with a laugh and I couldn't help but smile.

"Guilty." I said finally locking in with his addicting green eyes. My phone went off finally pulling my eyes from his. I looked down and saw a text.

"That's not the only thing your guilty of -A"

"I should get back to my friends." I said standing up and he did the same.

"I'm going to keep calling, just incase you ever think of something to say." He said with a cheeky smile as I just shook my head.

"Yeah, sober looks good on you." I said before leaving him and walking back into the Grille.

"I got another text." I said as I threw myself back into my chair.

"What did it say?" Spencer asked and I just shook my head before laying it down on the table.

This had just started, but it already felt like it was never going to end.

I was standing at my locker getting my books from my locker when I heard the announcement.

"Will the following students please come to the office : Emily Fields, Natalie Wilkinson, Aria Montgomery, Spencer Hastings, Hanna Marin." The loud speaker said causing us all to walk towards each other.

Just as we reached each other Aria's phone went off.

"Wait it's from A." She said and we all looked over her shoulder to read it.

"Dead Girls Walking... -A"

Inside the office we were met by Detective Wilden. This guy left a bad taste in my mouth, it felt like he was accusing us of something just by the way he looked at us.