ʜᴇʀ ʟɪᴇs

"Where are you off to this morning?" Jared asked, surprised seeing his daughter dressed and ready to leave the house too early on a Saturday.

"Mrs. Fields wants us to go out into the woods, I'm not sure, but it's something to do with Ali." I explained as I poured a cup of coffee and sipped it.

"So, I heard Jason went to the funeral." He said casually as he continued to shuffle through the mail.

"Yeah, I spoke with him after the funeral. He's sober, and all that good stuff." I said and he just glanced up surprised.

"That's good, Sullivan thinks he could help you. Personally, I'd like to kill the kid, but hey doctor trumps father." He said and I just rolled my eyes.

"Well, don't worry dad he's gone, and hopefully he's not coming back anytime soon." I said and a crooked smile just appeared on his face.

"I wouldn't bet on that." He said and I raise a brow.

"Go check the entry table." Jared said sipping his coffee, smirking like a teenage girl.

I walked into the hallway and before I even reached the table I saw a vase full of flowers.

"Are you kidding me?" I mumbled under my breath, immediately suspecting they were from A.

I ran up to them and pulled off the card.

"I know you think flowers are cliché, but I want to be the cliché guy who sends you roses. -Jason"

"I still hate the guy. He never even asked for permission to date my daughter, never came in and shook my hand, and never let me say have her home by ten, and don't be late. He robbed me as a parent." Jared said making his daughter turn back and smile.

"I'm sorry dad. I'll find a boy to come over and shake your hand, before he feels up your daughter at the movie theater." I said jokingly which made him roll his eyes.

"Alright, not what I meant." He said shaking his head before walking back into the kitchen.

"Who's idea was this, again?" Hanna asked as we both swatted at the gnats that were swarming us.

"Emily's mom." Spencer said and I rolled my eyes. Emily's mom never liked Ali, hell she barley like me, she always thought we were a bad influence.

"The shed was me. My mom just said we should do something for us." Emily explained, and I raised a brow.

"Why couldn't we just do something at the shed, or have lunch and reminse at the grille?" I asked and Hanna nodded.

"Preferably without mosquitoes." She said and I laughed.

"They're not mosquitos, they're gnats," Aria said as we all kept walking further into the woods.

"Whatever they are, they are seriously annoying," I said as I kept swatting at them.

"Well, they're attracted to your perfume. And your hair product. And your lip gloss." Spencer explained and Hanna rolled her eyes.

"So, what are you saying, I attract flies?" Hanna asked and I cut in trying to avoid another argument.

"I don't think we are going the right way, and if A pops out and tries to murder us. I'm sacrificing you Em, and running." I said and Emily just laughed and shook her head.

"No, this is it. I remember that tree. It's the halfway point. There are 136 steps left to the shed." She explained and we all looked at her funny, to be fair it did sound very creepy.

"Have you been out here since?" I asked and she immediately shook her head no.

"You guys, it's not that weird. I mean, we came out here in eighth grade like, every day... even after." Hanna said and I agreed with her, we were always in these woods, even I was without them.