ᴀ ʙɪɢ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ

I saw an unfamiliar face outside of the school. In a white teeshirt, blue jeans, and a leather jacket, the kid looked straight out of the movie Grease.

"Are you Justin?" I asked and he just looked up and squinted.

"Depends who's asking?"

"I'm Natalie, I'll be your welcoming committee." I said trying to sound as friendly as I could.

"So, your the kid who's dad is banging my mom." He said and my mouth parted in surprise.

"He is doing no such thing, he's respectful. He'd at-least take her out to dinner first." I joked and the boy finally cracked a smile.

"Come on, I'll show you to your first class." I said and he nodded as we walked through the hallway.

"Does everyone usually stare at you like this?"

"My best friend was murdered, everyone looks at my friends and I like this. We were with her the night she disappeared." I said honestly and the boy just parted his lips in surprise. I'd rather him hear it from me, then the rumors around school.

"Did you do it?" He asked with a joking smirk.

"No, you jerk." I said nudging him.

"So, before our parents do this thing I got some questions." He said and I nodded.

"If I snuck out and went to a party, and my mom asked where I was what would you say?"

"I don't what what you are talking about, he was with me the whole night." I said and he smiled.

"If our parents get married, who has to move?" He asked.

"We have a giant house, and a pool. I'll even show you all the windows that don't creek, so you don't get caught sneaking out."

"Oh, we are going to get along just fine." He said and I just smiled, I had hoped so.

"They haven't even been out on a date yet." I said with a laugh and he just shrugged.

"Moms never been so happy to go to work, she wears more makeup then usual, and bought a new perfume. It's safe to say she's in love." He explained and I smirked.

"My dad takes every shift he's called in on, because she's working. Awe, wow are parents are so in love." I said with a laugh as he looked disgusted.

"Stop with that smiling, it's so gross is our parents." Justin groaned.

"Be happy for them, they are old and in love, using their kids as their wingmen." I said with a enthusiastic smile. My smile, made him smile. 

"Okay, smiley. Give me the lowdown on this stupid town. What do you do on Friday nights?" He asked and I sighed knowing he wasn't going to like my answer.

"I usually stay home and study."

"Nerd." He scoffed.

"I used to go to frat parties, or Noel Kahn parties, or head up to Philly." I said and he just smirked.

"Why don't you do that anymore? That sounds like fun." He asked and I frowned looking to my feet.

"I lost my partner in crime." I said with a sad laugh. I didn't know if I meant Jason or Ali, but I just knew I lost them both.

"Well, this weekend let's set our parents up and bounce." He suggested, I was unsure. I really didn't know him well enough yet, but I wanted to help my dad.

"I'll think about it."

"Natalie, can you stay behind for a minute." Mr. Fitz said as the bell rang, ending last period.