ғᴜɴᴇʀᴀʟ

"Natalie!" I heard my dad shout from downstairs. I grabbed my bag and jogged down the steps.

"What's up?  Mona won't be here for fifteen." I asked walking into the kitchen.

"I got a call from Dr. Sullivan, and I found this in the trash upstairs," Jared said sliding the old photo in front of her.

"It's not going to work if you don't talk to her, I'd hate to take her suggestion on having you in twice a week." He said and I started shaking my head.

"I'll talk to her, yesterday was just hard that's all." I insured him, I didn't want to spend more than the forty minutes a week I already had to spend with her.

"Start with that picture." He said as he walked off leaving me staring down at the photo. I sighed before shoving it into my bag and leaving for the first day of my junior year.

As I pretended to listen to Hanna and Mona's conversation I eyed Emily and Aria in the back of the room unaware that their topic of discussion had been me.

"That's Natalie?" Aria said in complete shock as Emily nodded.

"She and Hanna have been inseparable," Emily said as Aria just stared.

"Where's her nose ring? Why does she look like she's on her way to Easter dinner?" Aria joked as the brunette girl started walking over.

"Hey, how was Iceland?" I asked Aria as I took a seat beside her and Emily. It felt too weird to be talking to them.

"Well-" Aria went to say but was cut off when a very attractive man in a white button-up walked in and straight to the chalkboard with his back turned.

The mystery man wrote his name on the board before turning to face the class.

"Holy crap." The man let those words escape his lips as his eyes connected with Arias. Her phone on cue went off causing everyone to look at her.

"Sorry," Aria mumbled as he struggled to silence her phone.

"Uh, I'm Mr. Fitz, your new English teacher." The man said his eyes finally leaving Aria's, but was very quick to gaze at me.

"Well, that was weird." I breathed out my sight shifting over to Aria who just stared at her phone.

"Thanks again Mona for driving me, and not telling Hanna. It means a lot." I said as her car pulled in front of Dr. Sullivan's office.

"I don't mind Nat. I know it's about Ali and everything that's happened. I know she and I were never friends, but you can talk to me about it if you want." She said and I smiled. I wish it was only Ali that haunted my mind, but she was the least of my worries.

Getting out of the car I walked into Sullivan's office just in time for my appointment.

"So, the first day back, did you talk to any of the girls?" She asked, trying to break the ice easily.

"Aria, she's back from Iceland," I said and she nodded.

"We have a new English teacher, he seems nice," I said randomly wanting to break the silence.

I told my dad I'd be more open today, I promised him.

Breaking the silence my phone rang and I was quick to pick it up to read the text.

"Did you miss me? I'm back. Four liars down, one to go. I saved the best for last just like Jason did. -A"

"Alison," I said just above a whisper.