ʜɪs ʜᴏᴍᴇᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ

"Before Wren left, he told me she wasn't a volunteer at the hospital." Spencer said in a hush tone.

"I had to drop off forms at the hospital for my job yesterday and her dad was there, which meant she wasn't at a family thing." Hanna said.

"Well, maybe she got back with the college boy she was with last year." Emily suggested.

"No way, her and Sean were practically drooling over each other at the dance." Hanna said bitterly.

"Your Sean?" Aria asked and she nodded.

"Natalie, wouldn't do that." Emily said and Hanna nodded.

"I know she wouldn't, but I also know she's not lying about a boy. It's something else." Hanna said and all the girls just sat in thought for a minute.

"Everything looks good." Jason said startling the girls. They were so deep in conversation, they had forgotten the man was their looking over the computer, and was also ease-dropping.

"Jason. What are you doing here?" I said completely startled as I walked into Spencer's.

I had fallen asleep at Ezra's with Wesley. I had still been wearing the clothes from yesterday which consisted of a large oversized white sweater, dark blue skinny jeans, and mascara was messily rubbed under my eyes.

"Do you not check your emails? The memorial for Ali? Jason's here to help us finish it." Spencer said and I nodded awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah." I said, obviously lying.

"Nice to see you." I mumbled giving a straight smile, as I slipped into the seat next to Hanna.

"Where were you?" Hanna whispered as the rest of the group continued talked with Jason about the memorial.

"I fell asleep at Mona's, rushed here this morning when I realized I was late." I lied and Hanna just made an about face.

"Is this the picture for the program?" Jason asked and I snapped my head towards the computer screen.

I had to admit I hadn't been as involved as the girls in putting together this memorial, but I had my reasonings.

"Yes. It's my favorite." I spoke up and he just looked over and broke into a soft smile.

"It's the one I would have picked." He said and I returned his smile.

"I thought I was gonna be able to get my whole family out here but, you know, at the last minute, my mom, um.." He went to say and I shook my head.

"She's been through a lot, it's okay." I said and he nodded.

"I want each of you to speak. I'd rather hear from you than Miss Slocomb from the PTA." Jason said and Spencer looked at him.

"The PTA was a lot of help." She said but he ignored her.

"What about the rain? The rain? Forty percent chance before the weekend." He asked her.

"They said that we can use the school's multipurpose room if we have to move the ceremony inside." Spencer answered and he looked pleased.

"Great. People think this dedication is about closure. There won't be closure until they find out who did this to Alison. The cops in this town have been jerking my family around for more than a year. No more of that. I'm here to get some action, and this memorial is gonna help me get it. Oh, and I'm adding one speaker to the program. Jenna Marshall." He said and all of us looked at him with the same surprised face.

"You want Jenna to speak at the dedication? Hanna said and he nodded.

"That's right."

"Why?" I asked and he just looked at Spencer and Emily.