My story

Everyone's story ends somewhere. At the point of where nothing good nor bad happens. Its at the end of their life. But for me, there isn't one that can be seen. So for right now, I am here.

"Mom, what is that?" curious eye's watch me closely. 8 sets of wild children encircled me, tugging at the hem of my clothing. I, still far taller than them, smiled and rasied what was in my arms, higher.

"This is your newest brother. He is different, and scared, so be kind to him." the children parted for me, as I took a seat in the Commons area. In my arms, a child ranging the same age as the children around me, curled up closely. They seen it's black hair, curious about it even more. "Come on, say hello." we all waited a moment in suffocating silence as the curled mass in my arm's stayed still.

"Hello." it whispered softly, gaining excited gaspes from my own children. Soon after, it uncruled, showing us who it is. He still curled up to me, his black hair wild and untamed, but he still looked so much more tame than my own. And his Ice blue eyes. They ensnared all of us. "My name is
Hayiko." despite looking out at my children, he clung to me. His tiny hands trembled.

"Why is he different mommy? His hair is black, and his eyes are blue." my youngest daughter questioned. The boy in my arms clung to me desperately.

"Because, Hayiko wasn't born from me, like you. He was lost, like Yaya and Aki. And just like how they are family to you, he will be family to you. Can you show him love, like I show you love?" they didn't say anything. Of course, they hadn't mixed with children outside of theirself. Not even the human's that live in the valley below our home. I stood up. "Jeez you kids are so stiff. It's fine, daddy will love him like he loves all of you." the children followed me as I searched for my husband.

"Your home," he smiled, looking up from his work. The more I come back to this scene, the more amazed i am. My demon Lord husband always had a stack of paper work, even this far back in time. "What did my wife whimsically bring home now?" his arms went around my waist, and he kissed me on my temple. The child in my arm's still clutched to me.

"This is Hayiko, he is the first born of the black dragons. His curse was finally lifted, now this is what is left." Sesshomaru looked down at the boy in my arm's. A child who's age could easily fit in the group of our children.

"It has been several years since that curse was lifted." Sesshomaru questioned.

"Yes, but his curse was from that of the dragon's. This boy will never be allowed to ascend like I will one day. He is immortal, with the wings of a dragon, but no fangs to bare, and no divine power."

"I see." my husband rubbed the face of the fallen dragon, as if he was greeting his own child. "It will be tough picking an heir to my land with 4 boys." Sesshomaru turned away to finish his work. "All my children that wish to learn under me, wake up with the sun. I will teach you how to be a powerful demon, both feared and respected." Hayiko looked at my husband with a look of admiration. This boy had spent so many lives alone and hated. Aside from me, who is obligated to love all, Sesshomaru must have been the first to show him kindness.

"And what of me?" I smiled, holding Hayiko tighter. "What time do I have with the Lord of the west land?" Sesshomaru glanced up without moving his face from his paper. "Or am I not privileged enough to have time with you." he placed his paper's down, sighing as he did so. I watched as he gracefully rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"My goddess wife, must you pout like a child everytime?" he looked up at me with a smirk. "You know my nights are for you alone."

"Lets all have dinner tonight." I spun on my heels. "Yaya! Aki!" I yelled as I exited the room. My children following close behind me.

"Princess!" the two siblings came running down the hall. The two of them seeming just like they did since I was 18. My blood kept them young and free, giving me some hope that and endless life wouldn't be horrible.

"Who is that?" Yaya curiously peered in my arm's. I decided that it was time to place him down.

"Hayiko, this is Yaya and Aki. Just like you, they are children that I brought into my family. If it's them, they will treasure you even more than I can." he clung to my leg, but I watched as his eyes stayed on Yaya.

"Have you been resting properly? You have panda eyes." I glared at Aki, knowing exactly what he meant.

"Everyone! Lets get cleaned up for dinner! Come on Hayiko!" I laughed pushing past him. The children following suit, excited to eat.

"What should we cook princess? Something salty? Or how about several meats? Oh I know!" Yaya laughed, following me as well.

One day this story will also come to an end. My children will grow old, my friends will all vanish, and even Sesshomaru will Cease to exist. But for now, in this very moment, that isn't a worry. For right now, I was happy, married, a mother, and alive.