bliss and blisters

"Ayako, I brought your favorite food. Of course we had to tweak it a bit, so you know... You don't go into an anaflatic shock again." She have me a nervous laugh. "Also, here's your book you ordered." Kagome handed me a red bonded book. She watched as I lit the aleady bright room. I was told she insisted in picking up my books because She likes how happy I get. "I wish you would come to the school festival. We put so much effort in it for you."

"No it's fine. I don't really feel up to it. And the doctor ordered me on bed rest for the next month." I sighed, my glow dying, obviously because I did want to go, but I knew the doctor would never let me.

"Well if you stop trying to escape, you wouldn't have the problem." a girl walked in. She looked just like me, but her eyes blue, and her hair shoulder length. It was a full red color, but looked nice on her light olive skin. Despite us being twins, she was very different from me. She was very very healthy. And I was only this healthy because of her. And her dragon blood.

"You try being told to stay inside all day. These white walls, being hooked up like some rat in a test room. I just wanna explore. See the world. Fall in love. I wanna go on an adventure like Kagome! How cool it must be to go back 500 years into the past. Or train for 3 years but only be gone for a few months. But All I can do is study." I looked back to the pile of papers. Riddled and problems I solved. Books I translated into seven languages. It came so easily, like I was meant to be a walking computer or something.

"Well you can, once you listen to the doctors and rest." my sister said in an unvarnished tone. Despite our closeness, she came off self centered, but it wasn't a suprise when she came from our family. "Next month I'm bringing my husband over, and his family. If your not better, you won't meet them. And I'll be sad." she pouted, winning me over. "They would love to meet my other half. Our new sister is a sweetheart. I'm sure she would love you." the chatting lasted a little longer befor they both left. The two of them had so much to fill me in on. School, romance, homelife, after graduation plans. Kagome had to return to home, so she could study, and my sister had to meet up with one of the originals. I was left alone, so I opened my book.

Chapter 1

Deep in the mountains, my village laid untouched by time. Gaurded by a fearsome demon Lord. I was living my 100th year as 15. Forever unable to become a women, or marry the man I love. Still I continued my life, as I always did. But today wasmt like those other days. Today was something entirely different. The demon Lord had come down and demanded one human girl.

"One? But who? All our women are married with children, or are still a child." the demon Lord did not speak, he only looked around, searching for something. Then his eyes landed on me.

"You, you are the girl that sings in the the light of the full moon." he closed the gap between us. His dangerous clawed hand caressed my cheek. "A being so imperfect and weak... Yet was stunning and tantalizing. You will come to my palace, and you will be mine."

I closed the book and gazed out the window. Even if it was forceful like this, I wished for someone to steal me away. It didn't matter if they loved me, as long treated me with care. I just didn't want to be sickly and alone anymore.

"Would you be fine being cursed to a short life?" A man sat in the window. He had visited me before, several times, but never told me who he was. "Would you wish for it if that meant the end of us?"

"I see your back with your riddles. What brings you this time?" I laughed. My heart raced watching the man who watched me behind black sunglasses. The feeling of fear always followed with his sudden visits, but I never knew why. This man only sat in the window, speaking in riddles that meant nothing.